Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My lo is a monster!!

My god, the little bugger is trying my patience lately!!

She's obviously going through a "phase" where she's testing the boundaries, it sounds young for this but believe me its true!!!

So far these are her latest things:

Screaming when she sees the yoghurt pot until I feed her it first, before her dinner, I have to leave it in the fridge now or hide it! The other day I actually covered her dinner in yoghurt or she wouldn't eat it!
Crying when she sees her pink dinner bowl because she wants food now now now, I have to prepare her dinner well in advance now and leave it to cool where she can't see it before I bring her in and put her in her chair
She has learnt how to undo her nappy, hours of fun, not :roll:
If I put her in bed with me and she wants me to get up she kicks me, or if i'm not in my pyjamas she pinches my nipple can you believe it
Turns her face away and screws her lips shut if I try to give her the following
- anything green, wtf???? her first weaning food was brocolli, maybe I gave her too much lol
- her beakers, she absolutely will not use a beaker
- water or juice, won't have it, if I manage to squeeze some in there she spits it out

Phewww, good to get it out
:lol

I don't know, maybe after 6 months I need a break, I feel awful saying it but maybe it's good to admit it, I feel a little bit like I've had enough lately, she's hard work with teething, all the night feeding and then her little personality thrown in there too!

Replies

• Hey morello she sounds much like my little
    Pickle who has now learnt to scream so loud your ears ring and when we are out I get tons of looks she also loves blowing big wet raspberries and I swear some people thinks it's me sooooo embarrassing! She is also a prize fighter and can gouge your eyes out in a second as well as give a pretty good fish hook sometimes I feel like I am going ten rounds with her instead of playing with a baby. Sending you a hug and maybe we should pair them up and see who wins! Xxxx
  • Oh these babies are growing up!! argh! Emily is starting to test me in small ways, she had peas and carrots for lunch and after a couple of spoonfuls she clenced her mouth tight shut and wouldn't take anymore! But of course she finished off all her fruit. She also girns when she wants to be lifted or isn't happy that I am eating my lunch (2 hours late!) and not playing with her!

Oh and this morning i brought her into bed while i tried to get another 10 mins sleep, her daddy was still asleep so she rolled over and held his nose! He woke up with a start! :lol: I will allow this little trick though, it saves me banging around to get him to wake up! :lol: x
  • I can totally sympathise!!

Some days Adam is an Angel Baby and others he is a total terror! Normally when I am on my own with him of course...

The end of last week was pretty awful...he wouldn't eat (apart from yoghurt!), didn't want to play, didn't even want to go to the park to look at the trees! He spent two FULL days whinging, to the point where I just wanted to scream! I couldn't put him down for a second without him making a massive fuss - aarrgghh!!

I have no idea what was wrong, but he is right as rain now and surprised us by deciding to sit up all by himself!

Our babies certainly know how to test our patience!

xx
  • PS Adam will also not use a beaker and generally wont take water or juice either!
  • LOL, wait till they hit 4 like my little monster!!!!!!! Believe me, they will get worse!!
  • Lol, these did make me giggle, bless them! I'm amazed that my DD has learnt so quickly that if she clamps her mouth firmly shut or sticks her tongue, mummy won't be able to get the spoon in and she wins!! Again! xx
  • Remy can be a monster but he's so cute doing it that i can't stay cross. He blows really wet rasberries which doesn't bother me except when he does it with food in his mouth. If he's laying in the bed with me and hubby he pushes, kicks and headbuts my husband until he gets out. He bites your toes if you let him crawl on the floor (he's been crawling a month now and touches everything) when you scream - his teeth are sharp - he finds it hilarious. The worst is when i leave him with anyone else even for an hour he screams and cries none stop till i'm back and then as soon as i walk in thinks it's funny. He's fine with everyone as long as i am close by , he also looks up at me when anyone talks to him to check it's ok... i think thats quite cute though. Apart from that he does the usual pinching, hair pulling and eye, mouth, nose gouging.
    xx
  • I'm surprised I have any hair left, the amount Adam yanks out every day. He also loves to pull my nose when I'm giving him his bottle, or hook his fingers in my mouth and twist my lip! I have managed to convince myself it's a sign of affection...

xx

• you would think I new all the tricks after having four but ds2 is just a pickle too lol

he is so strong and loves patterns on clothes, a friend came round with a maxi dress on, he grabbed the top bit that had patterns on and yes you can guess what happened next..boobs out for all to see lol she was mortified lol

hair..he pulls hair, long, short, beards etc and laughs when you try and get him to release it ....he is learning NO very quickly with that one!

ok this morning I took him in the shower..he was fixated with my nipples..only looking at them tho lol until I turned him round to wash his hair and ....yep you guessed it grabbed my nipple, yanked it up and out and then had a paddy cos I made him let go and wouldnt give it back.......!!I now have 5 little nail marks on my boob where he was holding on so tight!

He hates his old sippy cup and refused it with anything in it, got him a new identical one and he loves it lol...some things just confuse me with him lol lol

:lol::lol:
  • ha ha, they are little monkeys aren't they.

I have been struggling to get my DS to drink water or anything out of a sippy cup, or any other type of cup, or drink water from a bottle. I went round to my mum's for lunch today & she fed him & lo & behold he took the water from the sippy cup straight away, little tinker!

We also have the hair pulling, eye gouging, fish hooking, raspberry blowing with a mouthful of food - oh the list goes on............. lol
  • All sounds very familiar. Hair pulling, eye gouging, lip yanking... he is a particular fan of my Dad's moustache!! It actually makes his eyes water, poor old Grandad lol!

He is also totally fixated with my nipples! If I am naked for whatever reason he stares at them and grabs at them. He also headbutted me and got a big mouthful the other day then pulled off looking a bit shocked! I haven't breastfed for 2 months and I think he had some strange flashback!

He has a cold and is teething at the moment and I literally cannot put him down. It is so hard to ignore the grizzling now he cries mumumumum and puts his arms up to me, he also grabs hold of my ankles if I walk past! I have resorted to leaving him in his cot if I need to get anything done because it's the only place he will play happily for 5 minutes.

On the brightside he already has 3 teeth and has 3 more coming through so appears to be trying to get teething out of the way quickly, suits me!!

I have to say normally he is a star, very rarely cries and entertains himself very happily, when he is teething though he is like a different devil baby!

After nearly 7 months a break would be Very welcome! It is our anniversary in 2 weeks so may enlist the help of my Mum for a night off, fortunately he loves her and is so well behaved so I don't need to worry about him.