Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

Constipated baby & hungry baby milk question

Hi everyone, my little boy is just over 5 months and is my 3rd baby. He has been on hungry baby milk since about 8 weeks old and has been fine, he is now on solids as was always hungry even being on hungry baby milk never happy between feeds etc so dicided to wean bit earlier. Trouble is now he's on solids he can sometimes struggle to poop, he goes purple & on occassion nothing comes out. He hasn't been destressed with it or anything but i cant help but think how uncomfortable his tummy must feel.

My question is should i stop using hungry baby milk now he's on 3 meals a day or will this unsettle him further?? He tends to sleep through most nights so dont want him to start waking again.
He actually doesn't always seem fussed with his milk (never has) he only takes about 4/5oz evry 5 hours or so. My other 2 babies both ended up on hungry formula too but loved their bottles & drained them so never come across this (they also never got constipated)

He has plenty of water with meals & when he struggles i give him fesh orange diluted slightly & he's now just started having half a weetabix for breakfast, so hoping that will help soften his poo.
I feel like being a 3rd time mummy i should know answer to my question but i dont!!!

Also posted in baby

Jx

Replies

• I only had this prob with ds1. He got quite constipated and i got lactulose (i think) from the doctor., I also used to make his formula with an extra oz of water. I didnt put him on hungry baby incase it made him worse. I just gave him more normal formula

Gemm x
  • Ooh livron, rebecca appears to be exactly the same!! She got constipated when we changed to hungry baby so I gave water with each bottle and now she's on food she appears to find going that little bit harder. To be fair i haven't been that concerned as she's still doing little presents at least once a day, it just needs pushing out a little harder.

I'm probably an awful mum for not worrying about it, think I might have to go have a look in baby and see what they say! Sorry wasn't much help was I???!!!!

Jem
    xx