Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

AF missing in action!!!

Hi Ladies,

Just want a bit of reassurance really....................

My lovely period has gone awol this month, I'm now 8 days late!!! Since DD was born, I've had 3 periods all 34 days apart but now the 4th one isn't here! image

Have any of you ever had this?

Don't want to do a test yet though as a bit frightened!!! ;\)

Thanks girlies!

Jem
xx

Replies

• Hi hun, didn't want to R&R but my AF's (only had 3 since charlie's birth) have all been pretty much back to normal.
    What were your's like before DD? Were you reg or occassionally late?
    We are only using condoms at the mo till DH gets the snip, but i do fret that something will go wrong etc.
    I would test in a few day's if still nothing xx
  • Hi Livron,

How are you? How's lo?

Well, they were a bit 31 to 34 days apart, but as I've had 3 all 34 days apart I've assumd that's what my cycle will be now! I think I might leave it until next weds before a test! We're only using condoms too and didn't notice any accidents but i suppose you never know!

I'm kinda excited and really scarred at the same time if that makes sense!!!

Jem
    xx
  • hiya, I am having the same problem.............af is late, only using condoms till hubbys final snip results come through and showing no signs of af approching.
    I tested yesterday and the day before lol but got bfn (thank god!!) I will test again next week if af still no show, even tho we have been soo careful and hubby thinks no problems with leakages!!( I make him check lol)

So at the moment I am waiting, waiting, waiting. If no show next week( 2 weeks late) and no bfp( i hope not!) I shall pop along to docs just to have a word incase there is something gone amiss!!!

Other than af coming 2-3 days later each month after having baby everything else was the same...!!
  • HI JEM

IM VERY WELL THANK YOU, TRYING TO LOOSE MY BABY WEIGHT BUT WILL POWER A MISS AT MO!
    WOULD A BFP NOT BE A BAD THING THEN? WE ALREADY HAVE 3 SO DEF NO MORE. CANT WAIT TILL DH'S SNIP DATE COMES THROUGH BUT WE HAVE BEEN TOLD 6 MONTHS WAITING LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CHARLIE IS DOING GREAT THANKS, HE'S ROLLING EVERYWHERE & TRYING TO SIT!!! HE'S SUCH A LOVELY BOY.
    HOW IS YOUR LO??

BABS4, I NEVER THINK TO MAKE DH CHEAK THE CONDOM I JUST PRESUME HE'D SAY IF HE THOUGHT IT HAD LEAKED, MAY TAKE A LEAF OUT OF YOUR BOOK!! LOL

PS
    I HAVE A COUPLE LADIES FROM FEB ON FB AS DONT GET ON HERE TOO OFTEN, SO IF ANYONE FROM BIF WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH VIA FB, SHARE PIC'S OF LO'S THEN FEEL FREE TO ADD ME, MY NAME IS JACQUI ELKIN XXX
  • Oh babs, I'm kinda relieved I'm not the only one this month!! Let me know how you get on.

Livron - Just tried to find you but nothing came up, do you want to do it the other way round, I'm Jemma Ward. Oh bless Charlie, Rebecca's the other way round to him! Loves sitting and rolled intentionally for the first time today front to back!!! Rebecca will 5 months tomorrow! It's gone too quick. It wouldn't be a bad thing but I would prefer if it wasn't this close! Hubby would be over the moon though!!!

xx
  • hya luv didnt want to read and run, my AF has been very regular since having nancy, test if i was you, but im just mrs impatient!!! lol.
    xxx
  • Hi Jem i've added you, think my privacy setting aren't letting people search me, i cant figure out how to change them!! lol
    Must admit like sunshine i'd have to do a test too!! x
  • I still haven't had one since DS was born. I was breast feeding until 2 weeks ago although not exclusively. I also went back on the pill when he was 6 weeks and I have never had periods on the pill. I know the excited/terrified feeling, I was paranoid about being pregnant when he was 2 months but was too scared to test lol.
    Fingers crossed for you that you get whatever outcome you want!!
  • WOOPEEEEE BABS IS DOING A TAMPAX DANCE OF JOY RIGHT NOW...GUESS WHO FINALLY ARRIVED TODAY???
  • Babs - I've never been jealous of someone having their af arriving, until now!!!

I'm now thinking of testing over the weekend.........or maybe I'll still wait!!! Lol!!

xx
  • Hi Jem, any sign of af yet??? x
  • Hi Hun,

no not yet still waiting!!! I think I'm getting slight period pain or it could just be wind!! Lol!!

It's really taken me by surprise at my mixed emotions over it!!

Jem
    xx
  • morning hunnie,

any sign yet ?

I was so terrified when she was late as I have 4 children and thats my limit but hubby was like " yay could we be having no'5" but unfortunatly I ddnt feel the same way..

Would you like another? sorry not sure if youve only got one etc. I must admit a small age gap doesnt bother me so in hindsite it might have been fine if I had been pregnant any way lol lol lol lol !!!!:roll:
  • Hi Hun,

thanks for asking, still no sign yet!!!

Yeah we would like another one as Rebecca is our first but originally I said at least 2 years gap, but we agreed to start ttc in jan next years!!! I know if I'm not then I will be both happy and dissappointed at the same time!!! Hubby is excited that I am though!!

Jem
    xx
  • JW this is uncanny, I was due on last wednesday so I am currently 5 days late. I have had regular af's since Dylan was 11 weeks old and this one is missing for some reason. I did a pg test yesterday and it was negative.

I am bf though so wondering if that could be why.

Any sign of yours yet?

Melissa
  • Uh oh.... I'm another one to join your group of worry on here! Every 5 weeks like clockwork so when ds was 11 weeks and 16 weeks but now he is 21 and nothing yet. Just hoping I am worrying over nothing - so not ready for another just yet.

Hope you get your answer one way or another soon.
  • Oh no mrs th and mrs cp, kinda glad I'm not the only one still now babs has left me!!! Lol!!! Still no af........

How are you both doing?

Jem
    xx
  • I'm doing great thanks hun, I think I have worked out the mystery of my missing AF. I am currently taking Domperdone for bf, it makes me produce more prolactin to make more milk. Only been taking it a month so I think the excess prolactin has caused af to go away for a while.

Yay

Melissa
  • Ah that's good no af for a good reason there!!! Me and hubby have both decided to postpone testing until at least next week now as we both don't want to see a negative test!!! I think I'm crazy for feeling like that haha!! xx
  • Hope you get the result you want hunnie, dont know how you have put off testing tho..I was itching to get my hand s on a test even tho I didnt really want another baby lol lol....I have poas syndrome after having ds2 knowing he is my last lol lol lol lol.

goodluck too.

(p.s sorry for deserting you lol)