Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First lot of baby jabs!

Anyones lo had their jabs yet?

My lo is having hers tomorrow and i'm just wondering how bad it is, i'm expecting her to scream but hate the fact its going to hurt her, there's a list of like 6 or 7 different things shes having, am i right it also makes them ill for a couple of days, she already has a cold!

Replies

• It seems to affect them differently. You usually find the first lot dont affect them too much as there immune system doesnt know whats hit them. They tend to be a bit more ill after the second lot.

My practice nurse told me to give them some calpol half an hour before to take the edge off the pain, (im not medically trained in any way so no one quote me on that).

My eldest would open his mouth to cry and i would put him dummy in and he would be instantly fine. My middle one would scream hysterically for about 15 mins after his!!!

You could also try and time a feed straight after to take her mind off it and give her a bit of comfort. Hope it goes ok

Gemm x
  • Emily had her jabs yesterday, she had a wee cry afterwards but i gave her a cuddle and comforted her and she was fine. She kept going to sleep then waking up having a little cry and then settling again. I gave her calpol an hour beforehand and then gave her it every 4-5 hrs for the rest of the day as her legs were a little red and looked a bit tender.

I also took her for a long walk afterwards to make her sleep for a decent length of time - she tends to catnap throughout the day and doesnt sleep for any real length of time.

Good luck!
    Lx
  • Evan has his first lot yesterday too. He gave out a bit of a yelp but was ok after a cuddle from his mummy. He's got a little red mark on each leg, but apart from that he's been fine. x
  • Isabel had hers last week. She cried a bit but then settled quickly. She was suffering from a cold so had been feeling unwell anyway so i just gave her calpol a couple of times and the next day she was her usual perky self
  • Yesterday was obviously baby jab day, as Adam has his then too! I have replied in Baby image
  • urgh

DD had these today

think I was more traumatised than she was!!! she screamed for a couple of minutes then calemd down but I honestly wanted to cry. Poor little sausage. Thankfully they had 2 nurses who did both legs at the same time. Don't think I could have coped with 2 seperate jabs! xxxx
  • DS didn't do well with them at all. He absolutely screamed and I had to feed him to calm him down. Within a few hours I was on the phone to the doctors because he was being violently sick. They said it was unrelated but to keep an eye on him and give him calpol. He slept for 7 hours solid (during the day) and cried hysterically whenever he woke up. I held him the whole day because he was sick everytime I put him on his back and started choking on it and retching. The next day he was much better but still not himself. He is totally back to normal now but I am dreading the next lot!!
  • dd didnt deal with hers well at all. and is due her second lot in the next 2 weeks poor lil pudding , i so no i going to end up cryin again xx

• George had his this morning, apart from a little cry afterwards he's been fine, and is now alseep...I was expecting him to be really grizzly all day too!
  • lo had hers wednesday, she was fine after a little cry and slept a lot of the day, i thought i'd got away with it but yesterday was pretty bad, she was crying all day and had a runny nose and some nasty smelling nappies, gave her some calpol, today she's fine and back to her usual self image