Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

What's your food and milk routine like?

As the question is!

Being nosy more than anything but as I'm still playing around with our routine now i've started on the purees, I was looking for inspiration from your routines...

xxx

Replies

• Well ours is....

7:30am wake up
    8:30am Breakfast and milk
    12:45pm juice, mashed rusk and either fromage frais or fruit puree pot
    5:30pm juice, jar of food (hates my cooking!) and puree fruit with baby rice
    7:15pm Milk and bed

Ideally I'd love to bring lunch and dinner forward as at the moment it means we're not eating until nearly 7 and then it's a rush for bath and bed!

Jem
    xx
  • we go roughly like this..

7am bottle
    8am porridge
    12pm 1 jar of food 1/2 pudding (was having milk until yest he gradually dropped it) or couple of cubes of veg and water
    4pm bottle, baby rice and a cube of veg
    7pm bath, bottle, bed

xxx
  • Ours goes like this...

7am Bottle (8oz)
    8am Breakfast (baby rice with fruit, toast, juice)
    11am Bottle (7oz)
    12pm ish Lunch (veg and meat/fish/lentils, juice, maybe dessert)
    3pm Bottle (7oz)
    4.30 ish Tea (Veg, cheese, juice, petit filous)
    7pm bottle (8oz)

Phew!

I feel like I spend my whole time feeding at the minute!

xx
  • Cath im thinking about doing something like your routine at the moment. At the moment we do

7-7.30am Bf
    11am food, (sweet potato, carrots, pear or something)
    12pm bf
    2.30-3pm bf
    5pm tea, similar to lunch
    6-7pm bf/bed

Im going to add a breakfast tomorrow. Im finding by 10.30am he is hungry and if we let him maybe have a snooze he can go a bit longer but then he is not napping well at lunchtime. If he sleeps late like 1pm till 3pm he is late getting his milk so not ready for tea.

To try and fit around the school/nursery runs that have started now i want to do

7am bf
    7.30am breakfast
    10.30am bf
    12pm lunch/sleep
    2pm bf
    4.30pm tea
    5.30 bottle/bed

Writing it is the easy bit, will see if we manage to do it!!

Gemm x
  • Gemm, Adam sleeps between 9am and 10/10.30 and then from 1pm to 2pm/2.30, then in bed for 7.

I struggle to get him to have a late afernoon cat nap, so have given up on that for now!

• Ours is a bit varied. I am still bf lo ist thin in morn and last thing at night and he has two bottles.

anytime between 5 and 7 bf (this could be small one at 5 then at 7)
    8.00-8.30ish breakfast
    9.30ish bottle
    btw 12 and 1.00 lunch
    3.00-3.30ish bottle
    5.30 dinner
    7.00 bf.

I'm doing baby led weaning so he is not eating that much but has dropped one feed already, this may be because of weaning him off bf in the day ready for my return to work xx
  • nap times with lo can be nightmare he can fight his sleep so much but seems to sleep

9.30-11.00 and then any where between 1.30 and 3.30 for an hour xx
  • BF from 4am to breakfast when we get up
    Breakfast when we get up (anywhere from 7am to 9.30am) - Porridge with milk (3ozs in breakfast and maybe 1-2 to drink)
    11am Bottle (2-3 ozs)
    12.30 Lunch - 1 cube of puree or some pasta/couscous etc and a yoghurt, maybe 1-2ozs of her 11am bottle
    2pm-3pm nap
    3.30pm - Snack of toast and vegemite and bottle (2-3ozs)
    5.30pm - 4 cubes of various meat, fruit and veg, 1-2 ozs of juice
    6.30pm - bath
    7pm - 7 oz bottle and bed
    10.30pm - 7 oz bottle
    1am onwards - 5 oz bottle
  • 8am porridge with fruit puree (3oz of milk in breakfast)
    9am/9.30am - 6oz milk
    11.30/12.30 - lunch and little yeo valley yoghurt
    1.30/2.30pm - 6oz milk
    4.30/5pm - dinner and little yeo valley yoghurt or organix rice pudding
    6.15pm - 6oz milk & bed

In between this he has a nap in the morning and one in the afternoon.
  • At the mo we're doing the following, but will have a few changes when dd goes into p1 in a couple of weeks and we have to all get up earlier! :
    9am 8oz bottle
    10am baby porridge
    1230pm lunch - 5/6 cubes veg/potato or 1 stage 1 jar, followed by fruit pot or little stars fromage frays
    4pm 8oz bottle
    6pm dinner - pretty much same as lunch, just different combinations
    730pm 8oz bottle and bed
    1100 - 1130 8oz bottle.
    There have been a couple of nights recently where he fell asleep before 730 bottle, so he's having it at about 1030pm, then that's him for the night.
    As I said when dd goes back to school we'll stop the last feed at night -at the minute this routine suits us just nice, as he wakes up maybe around 830 and we have cuddles and chat together -in our bed with dd as well (though dh would have gone to work) before getting up.
    Sorry to have waffled on a bit!
  • thanks, you've given me some ideas on how to do our own routine, its still a little ad hoc at the mo what with BF having gone back to being on demand!!

Ta!! xx
  • Thanks girlies!! You've given me some ideas on how to sort our routine out again. Its all gone a bit ad hoc at the mo what with DD BF on demand again!

Ta!! xx
  • a bit of a late reply (as usual!) but this is what we do. I've got completely OCD about her routine now she's sleeping through the night so we stick to it quite rigidly!

7.00 Milk 7ozs
    9.00 - 10.30am Nap
    11.00 Milk 9ozs
    11.45 Lunch (solids and rest of milk if she's not finished it)
    12.30 - 2.00 - Nap
    3.00 Milk 9ozs
    [4.30- 5.00 sometimes a little nap but I can't always get her to do it!]
    5.00 Milk (starts a 12ozs bottle)
    5.30 Tea (solids and some more milk)
    6.00 bathtime
    7.00 bedtime (and rest of milk)

She's really settled in her routine and it has done her naps and night time sleep the world of good but I feel like I'm constantly feeding her! If I want to go anywhere for more than about an hour I have wait until she wakes up at 2pm and even then I've only got about 2 hours to get everything done.... what I could do with is her dropping her morning nap but it doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.

xx
  • Our routine goes something like this:

7 - 7:30am bottle
    8:15 - breakfast
    9:15 nap 1 hour
    10:00 - snack (cheese, rice cake, toast or fruit) with water or baby juice.
    11:00 bottle
    1:00 lunch
    2:00 nap
    3:00 bottle
    5:00 dinner
    7:00 bath, bottle bed

hope this helps

xxx