Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Which nappies do you use?

We have been using Pampers - New Baby and more recently Baby Dry.

However, after seeing the bit on Watchdog about the Active Fit nappies and how awful the Pampers rep was, I have been thinking about changing brands. So - which ones do you use and would you recommend them??

Thanks!
Cath x

Replies

• Hi we brought a selection of nappies when we where pregnant with Lily. But found that pampers where the softest and the ones that didn't leak. So now we use pampers all the time, we have just changed to baby dry as New baby where getting to small and tescos had a good deal on them
  • Pampers active fit...........whats this about bad reps? must have been under my rock too long lol..can someone tell me whats supposed to be wrong with them???
  • Hey,

We are using Huggies Pure ones just nowe because they were on offer in asda. I really like Tesco's own brand, i found them similar to pampers but a bit thicker.

I've heard Costco's own brand are really good - very similar to huggies.

Lx
  • I use Asda own brand...I have used Pampers and Huggies and found they both leaked, but Asda are fab!! Think it really depends on your baby's shape as to what fits best. I've never had to deal with a leak with Asda ones. But I know people are snobby about supermarket ones - none of my baby friends will use them even though my friend's baby's explosive poos are always leaking through their Pampers!!
    xx
  • We use pampers have done with both my others too, tesco's own are quite good too.
    xxx
  • Sainsburys own brand, they're great!
  • Thanks. I will try some own-brand ones I think! There is a Sainsbury's and Asda near me...

Babs, they have changed the design of the Active Fit apparently, which has made them really leaky. Instead of accepting this and going back to the old design, Pampers are being useless and saying people aren't using them properly etc... I think!!

• We use Pampers after years of looking after children using various nappies I wouldn't use any other brand.
    The uproar with the active fit is that Pamper changed them without telling anyone the packaging etc is still the same and they haven't advertsied the change at all. They have removed all the padding from the back of the nappy so Mum's are saying wee is leaking all up their back. However the rep on Watchdog last night said they have less than 10 complaints for every 1000 Mum's that use them and they did extensive testing to prove that wee doesn't go there so they can make them lighter, more comfortable and better for the environment. Obviously less material means they cost less for Pampers to make but they are still the same price which is probably why they didn't advertise the change!

Personally I have never used them (still use New Baby) so can't comment. Pampers really impressed me recently though when I emailed them to complain about the size guides being completely inaccurate and they instantly replied with an apology and thanking me for my feedback and then sent me some vouchers so I will continue using them.
  • We use mainly tesco own brand but also have some pampers size 3 that I am using up.

I have had no problems with either x
  • Tesco own brand, but the purple pack, not the green ones. Have used them for all 3 kids. Tried the green pack last week but they leaked out poo every time, so will stick to purple now. Also use pampers, and have had no probs, or Asda own were quite good as well.

Gemm x
  • We used to use Asda own brand ones, and they were fab. W've also used sainsburys ones too, and although they were good, I found their sizes huge!
    We've now changed to washable nappies and I cant believe we didnt do it sooner!
    I often found we had leaks with both pampers and huggies so stopped using them after our 1st baby xxxx
  • We had tried Pampers, Huggies and Tesco own. I love the fact that Pampers are soft and absorbant when it comes to wee, but Jakob seems to have a habit of flooding them image We've recently tried Huggies and the elasticated top on the back of the nappy works miracles for him. Have to say I wasn't keen on Tescos as they seemed a little plastic-ky!
    xx
  • we use pampers new baby (size 3).
  • Oh ok, now I know what its all about lol, and I have noticed that the active fit nappies are alot thinner at the back they seem to almost have no stuffing at the back, quite transparent when wet actually....not leaks yet though!

hmmmm will keep an eye, thanks for that **cath**
  • we are using pampers. did have some trouble with explosive poo in the early days but I've started going up a size a bit before I need to according to the weight guides if that makes sense...? DD has got a very long torso so poo was always leaking out pof the back when she was in small sizes, she's in size 4 now and I think we'll get maybe another month out of them but then it'll be onwards and upwards to 4+

xx
  • We use Pampers New baby and Baby Dry. I tried Huggies, but found they didn't hold as much wee and leaked on lo and the Tesco's ones were ok but I found they were a bit too harsh for lo's skin.

I love that up until yesterday Tesco's were doing buy 2 get 2 free on Pampers Baby Dry!!

Jem
    xx
  • were using asda active fit and there brill xx
  • I'm currently using Pampers Active Fit and Pampers Baby Dry. I also really like Tesco's own brand, never had a leak in them. I tried Sainsbury's own brand but did not get on with them at all.
  • I am back with Pampers after a disaster with Boots own brand. I'll stick with what I know from now on! image
  • we are using pampers. did have some trouble with explosive poo in the early days but I've started going up a size a bit before I need to according to the weight guides if that makes sense...? DD has got a very long torso so poo was always leaking out pof the back when she was in small sizes, she's in size 4 now and I think we'll get maybe another month out of them but then it'll be onwards and upwards to 4+

xx

I am totally the opposite way round, DS is still in new baby size 2 at 15lb. They still fit him great and the size 3 are baggy around his thighs so everything leaks out the sides. Isn't it funny how different everyone is!!