Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Time to panic!

DS pulled his legs up under him and lifted his bum up in the air today!!!! Uh-oh, surely he can't be close to crawling, he is only just 5 months?

He also seems to have developed an unhealthy obsession with things he shouldn't be playing with. His current favourite toys are the TV remote, mobile phones and my feet! Daddy was very upset when he changed the channel over in the middle of Handy Manny

Replies

• ha ha, so glad ds isnt the only little monkey lol. ds is 6 months tomorow and wants evereything he shouldnt have lol, stealing the remote is just a regular pass time of his. The other is when I am holding him and on my mobile to daddy he really pulls and grabs at it until I put it on hands free so he can listen to daddy too lol lol

Ds does what my other children call "the caterpillar" he pulls up his knees underneath him the once his arms give out he does a caterpillar move....sooo funny and he laughs along with everyone too.
    I cannot believe how strong he is, he stands up in his baby walker not a wobble in site! And rolling over is a nightmare, at changing times he doesnt want to lay still and I end up with his bare bum wiggling up at me while I am left holding a new nappy as he manouvers across the floor caterpillar style lol

He is so big too, now in 9-12 month sleep suits at night as he has such a wide chest, long arms and big feet...my little gorrilla!! The tallest man in my family is 6'6" and i am 5'8" so I think he is going to be the tallest out of my four!!!

So sorry to have waffeled on lol
  • lo has been doing this for a couple of weeks, she's got the legs going but can't work out the arms so either pushes herself along on her head lol or grabs on to something and pulls herself along!!

Lo is in 9-12 mth sleepsuits too bless her, she has such long legs like her daddy, its a bit of a shame though in a way because she has so many beautiful dresses a lot of which she's never worn because they're like long tops on her rather than dresses :lol:
  • my ds did this yesterday too!!!!! he's only just 5 months also.
    he also loves playing with things he shouldn't his sisters hair is his favourite, although she's never happy when he grabs a handful and gives it a hard tug lol x
  • George is 22 weeks and has been 'crawling' for the past week or so. He drags himself around the room, bum in the air, using his arms and legs. His technique isn't perfect but it definitely gets him from one side of the room to the other. I can't believe it - I thought babies didn't crawl until they were at least six months!?! Now can't leave him at all, its a nightmare!! But he's a really strong baby, was holding his head up at 3 weeks, rolling at 13 weeks, so I guess he's just a brute - that's what the other mummies call him. Poor baby!! I have started to encourage him to perfect his technique now though, putting toys out of his reach, he loves getting to them.
    xx