Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*Whispers* Is anyone else finding it difficult?

...or is it just me?

I feel bad admitting that I am finding it all a bit of a struggle! Adam wants feeding constantly (OH is giving him a bottle as I type) - I am tired, my boobs are killing me, I have not left the house for days and feel like nothing I do is quite good enough.

I feel like everyone else must be coping miles better than I am :\(

Am I still being a bit hormonal? Is anyone else feeling the same??

Cath and Adam xx
10 days old!

Replies

• GC from Born In Nov, saw this on the home page and wanted to reassure you.

I found the first few weeks really, really difficult. I wasnt sure what I was doing, I was in pain, I was tired and I had zero confidence with regards to how I was being with my baby. The house was a tip and I struggled to get myself dressed some days, never mind get out the house.

But I promise, it gets much, much easier. Stuck In Limbo is completely right, you have to fit in around your baby at the moment. Once baba starts getting into some sort of routine in a few weeks, things will be much easier. I know now that I have to grab a shower before LO wakes up, otherwise I wont get one at all! He wakes up and feeds at around the same times every day now, so its easier to plan going out for a walk or to visit friends.

Dont put too much pressure on yourself hun, everything will fall into place and im sure you're doing a fantastic job xx
  • hello

another gatecraser from january

i echo what the others have said, it does get easier and the feelings do pass i felt just the same at about that time, it dies get better though i proimise image

becca and jacob
    7 weeks, 5 days x
  • your definatly not alone, i echo what the other ladies have written.
    im on my 3rd and still have days where i want to scream, but it does get alot easier and i think your probley your harsest critic, dont be to hard on your self, adam is only 10 days so you've been a new mummy for 10 days to which isnt long for you both to get used to your new roles, it does get easier and you will also get more confident with time.
    were all always here for a good old chat/vent or just a good old moan and cry!!
    remember your more than likely still really hormonal and things always seem bigger than they are when were hormonal (one thing you get used to be PG)
    thinking of you and dont worry you are doing a fantastic job!!!!
    sam & Nancy 3wks 1day
    xxx
  • Cath, i will agree with everyone especially Sam. Im on baby 3 and ive had days ive just cried all day. Just because as a mum ive done this before as has Sam, we have never done it with the other kids. My second was tough as id never breastfed, and had a toddler and this time is hard as ive got 2 kids to look after and cant get any sleep as my other kids dont nap any more. Every time we face different challenges so we are all pretty much in the same boat as you.,

Everyone is different but i couldnt have coped with my first without my Contented little baby book. I found it really good to try and stick to a routine as i knew then what was the matter when baby cried. I learned a lot from the book, while taking some with a pinch of salt.

You will get there, hang in there

Gemm x
  • Thanks everyone image

I have nothing but admiration for yu ladies who are doing this with another one or two children to look after! I honestly have no idea how you do it.

Not got time to type much (adam needs another feed!) but your replies are all much appreciated.

Cath xx
  • HI Cath

Thank you so much for posting this as I am feeling exactly the same. Niamh won't latch on to the breast so I am having to express about 9 times a day so she can have breast milk at all her feeds. very tiring especially as then have to feed her as well and do other mummy/household tasks

I am also constantly worrying that I am not doing things right by Niamh and I feel guilty if I have some me time as I feel like i am negleting her (even though she is asleep most of the time when I do have me time on or if not she is with DH!). I feel that DH is doing so much better with her then I am and I worry constantly that I should be doing more things with Niamh then I am.

I am sure it is going to get easier though. I have wanted to be a mummy for so long that I feel bad now that I am struggling and it is not coming as 'natural' as it seems to do for everyone else x

Big Hugs

Catherine and Niamh (20 days old)

[Modified by: Mrs Calopa on February 24, 2010 06:46 PM]

• Hunny I think most people feel like that but its one of those things people don't dare admit.
    I felt like that last week, my oh going back to work has helped now I feel like we have more normal days and a pattern is emerging.
    Feeding is really hard and I can totally sympathise, my boobs are so sore and last night he fed every 20 minutes or so, try to think that when they do that its because they are having a growth spurt and thriving and you are doing that single handedly!! I find having him weighed is a huge boost seeing how much he has grown just from me!
    It gets easier and you feel less of a failure as your hormones subside, Felix has started properly smiling too, not just windy ones, and one lovely smile from him makes it all worth it!! Although its going to take some smiles to make up for the projectile poo that just flew out all over me when I was changing his nappy at 5am lol!!

Mrs C you are wonder woman keeping that up, I would have given up and been on formula a long time ago!! Good for you that you have persevered so long you should be really proud of yourself!!