Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What do all the Feb babies weigh and updates ....

Hey girlies sorry i havent been on in ages i do come on a read i just never seem to get the time to post much as my dd1 is a little monkey at the moment which is quite draining!!

Well isabelle is a dream baby ( macey was aswell its just now she is a devil lol) and is now 13 weeks old. She is sleeping 7 hrs at night now which is lovely and goes about 4-5 hrs during the day. I am still fully breast feeding her which i am very proud of myself i never managed it with macey i gave up at 6 weeks but for some reason i felt alot more relaxed this time round and it seems to be doing her good as she is pilling on the weight and at 13 + 1 was 12lb 14oz shes my chunk.

How is everyone else lo doing and how are you finding motherhood first or second or third time round? xx :\)

Replies

• Hi - well done on keeping up with breast feeding.

I managed 3 weeks of breast feeding before switching to a bottle and I feel encouraged to hear it is better with baby number 2 - gives me some hope that I might do better with my next one.

Ewan is 12 weeks old now and weighs 12 lb 4 oz (or did at 11+3). He was 7lb 1 when he was born.

We've had a few issues with colic and feeding and sick but these seem to be improving (touch wood) or maybe I am just relaxing a bit and starting to realise that he won't go hungry!

He goes 4-7 hours at night so nowhere near sleeping through yet but I am starting a daytime routine now to try and move things along a bit (I know, bad mummy for not feeding on demand!)

I have to say that I love being a mum but I had no idea how much hard work it would be. I honestly thought it would be the most natural thing in the world and couldn't understand how anyone could be upset when they have a beautiful baby in their lives. Since LO was born I've had more than my fair share of teary days and realise that it is possible to love him more than anything but still find things hard!
  • Hey image

Well I just get more amazed at my gorgeous girly everyday! She will be 13 weeks tomorrow and weighed 11lbs 15ozs last week and measured 60 cm - 3 cms longer than birth! She is babbling away all the time and just seems such a wee happy chappy.

Her colic is so much better and she only has occasional windy moments which are managable with a little gripe water. Although last week she developed excema so we are now slapping loads of moisturiser on her and hoping it is just a baby thing she will grow out of!

She is now in her own room in her cot and has been since 10 weeks. She is sleeping from around 7pm until 8am and waking for a quick feed at 3am. I am so exhausted with getting up at that time! :lol: and occasionally if she struggles to settle after her 3am feed i will bring her into bed with me :\)

I could just stare at her all day and i am constantly kissing and cuddling her, I never realised how fierce a mothers love can be for her child.

Lx

Ps heres a wee pic i took at 11 weeks image

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv55/ladybird_2009_photos/emily.jpg

[Modified by: **Ladybird** on May 17, 2010 08:46 PM]

• Love that picture ladybird. Have been trying to get one of Ewan like that but he refuses to pose for mummy! In fact he normally starts crying the minute the camera comes out - I have to be sneaky to get good pics.
  • LB great pic., i would add one but you know im rubbish.

We are doing great. Arran is 15 weeks now and was last weighed 3 weeks ago at 15lb 4 oz. I'm still breast feeding and i find it so much easier when i have other kids to look after. I know some mums say they have to stop when they have other kids to run after but i find its something less i need to worry about when getting out the door in the morning. The time it would take me to do bottles etc, i can clean the kitchen or bathroom.

Anyway, i'm still bf and Arran is doing great through the night, I feed him and put him down between 6pm-7pm, then wake him about 10pm for a quick feed and thats him till around 8am.

He is so happy and settled and is always smiling. I just wish i could spend more time playing and chatting to him. He loves his brothers, his wee face lights up when they talk to him and he really is the most gorgeous baby!!!!

Gemm x

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs333.ash1/28830_125947330752697_100000122930234_363275_2937569_n.jpg

[Modified by: gemm on May 17, 2010 09:15 PM]

• Thanks, i was very proud of my photography skills image

Forgot to say i am still bfing too! and i have started expressing one bottle a day which Emily is so good at taking :\)

Ps - Gorgeous pic Gemm - he is just so cute!

• 3 weeks ago ds2 weighed 17lb 5 oz so goodness know how much the little hippo weighs now lol. B is nearly 4 months now...time has flowwwwen by!

He is feeding ( bottle now : ( !!) like a trooper, having extra bottles too at the mo, as he must be having a growth spurt. He was sleeping well but now he is hungry he is waking alot more but thats ok cos I fine with alot of broken sleep lol!

B is finding his voice too, making rather loud screams and chuckles its hilarious! and getting frushrated when he cant reach something he wants to play with and also the little monkey keeps standing up when I try and get him to sit, he just keeps his legs straight so I have to hold him up lol rather than sitting lol!

My other three kids have been stars, he loves them and they love him sooo very much too...Its been fab having the four..I hope they will stay this happy together forvever xx
  • Alfie's 12 weeks today and we had him weighed yesterday and he's 9lb 10 now. He's doing really well and is now going 8-6 most nights but the doc and hv aren't happy with his slow weight gain (he's dropped off the centile chart now.) but he's such a happy baby always smiling and gurgling (especialy for his big brother) so I think he's just a petite baby
  • My big chunk of a boy, Jakob, was 9lb 10oz at birth and at his last weigh in at 13 weeks he was 17lb 10oz! He's on the 98th percentile for everything: head, weight and length. He's already in some on his 6-9 month clothing......he's my big boyimage
    xx
  • so great to read all the feb babies are doing well.

Mrs CP - Its quite usual to have some teary days and it is such a massive change for first time mummies you never realise its going to be hard.

Second time round has been so hard for me isabelle and macey are a dream together its just a horrible change in my 2 1/2 yr old that is very hard to deal with although she is good sometimes she is hard work on others but we all get through it.

LB - Love your photography skills they are great and emily is so cute!

Gemm - its very true what you say i find it so much easier BF i cant imagine getting bottles and god knows what ready aswell as the kids and me its great i think in the morning nappies, wipes kids and boobs and im ready lol!

Isabelle only wakes up about 3am so i can cope with that its just my other one i need to sort out as she wants to come in mummys room as baby is too but i have a behaviour chart and she gets pennies when she is a good girl so hoping that works.

She has also started to roll over now not alot but on the odd occasion she will but it takes her a good couple of mins as she gets frustrated but gets there in the end.

Anyway enough of my nattering on off to have my dinner xx
  • It's lovely to hear how everyone is getting on!

Adam is 13 and a half weeks now, and weighs a tiny bit over 15lbs. He is far from a dream baby, but I love him to bits and wouldn't have him any other way! image

He has learnt lots of new things recently - he can now roll from his back to his side, can reach for things and more often than not he can grab them. He has also found his voice and is forever chatting, gurgling and shouting. He did his first chuckle at 10 weeks, which was the highlight for me so far - I LOVE it when he laughs! He finds his daddy very amusing, and I love to see them laughing together.

Sadly Adam has been poorly for the past four days (lots of explosive runny poos!) so he has been a bit off colour :cry:. His sleeping is therefore all over the place and he wont go down without a cuddle. Still, hopefully things will get back on track once he is better.

He ususally goes from 7-8pm to between 2 and 4am, then back down to 6/7am, which is ok. I'd love him to sleep through, but I'm reluctant to re-introduce the 10/11pm feed as he doesn't seem to be hungry at that time.

Anyway, enough from me! I'm glad you are all doing well, and I love the photos! I'll post some funny ones of Adam soon.

Does anyone know if we can post videos?? I have a fab one of Adam laughing... :\)

Cath xx
  • Well my big bruiser got weighed today at exactly 12 weeks and is 18lb. He also got his injections and is a wee bit unsettled tonight.
    He's generally very good and will sleep from about 9pm, but we still wake him about 11 for a feed. He'll go down again and sleep until about 5.30 ish. He's found his voice too and I love it when he laughs. He's been trying to roll over, and is nearly there!
    He has a tongue tie and I am going to ask the dr for a referral to have it snipped - last time I asked he told me to take more time to think about it. I just can't bear the thought that he might get bullied if he has speech problems.

It's great to hear that everyone is doing so well xx
  • Niamh is 14 weeks and 5 days old. I can't believe how quickly time is going!!!

I am still expressing the majority of her feeds. She probably has about 3 bottles of formula in a week so don't think I am doing to bad. I have got the expressing down to 3 times a day now. I normally do it when we first get up, then around 4pm and then again around 9pm, each time it takes about a hour!

I had Niamh weighed yesterday at 14 weeks and 4 days and she was 12lb 2oz

She has started grabbing at things and taking an interest in things. I noticed today when we were having tea at the inlaws that she was really playing and grabbing at charlie the caterpillar we have on her car seat. She is a very sociable baby and is very happy. She hardly ever cries and has been sleeping from about 7.30pm to 6.30am for a good few weeks now. We got out and about to various groups most days which helps to keep me sane lol.

She started waterbabies on Sunday and really enjoyed it. She didn't even cry when they put her under the water.

This is Niamh at 12weeks and 1 day

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs592.snc3/31220_414520902742_556967742_5241833_5875099_n.jpg

• sorry its so big - whoops!
  • Can I just say that there seem to be a lot of huge baby boys in February! Makes my little Ewan seem tiny in comparison although I'm sure he's not that small (following 25th centile).

Mind you, I think I'm quite glad he was on the small side during the birth!
  • Love these catch ups!
    well Nancy is now 15+2 she last got weighted at 14 +5 and was 14lb 12oz. She has managed to roll over last week althought hasnt done it again not for want of trying bless her!
    She is such a little chatter box and loves her big sisters so much!!
    She is in a really good routine and has slipped in to our routine really quickly, She sleeps 7pm till 6.30am most nights! then she has a bottle at 7, 10, 1, 4 and 6.45.
    Shes definatly a very content baby and is happy to play on the floor on her own if im doing jobs, she loves floor play and tummy time o and her singing giraffe!!
    xxxx
  • everything is going well for me and Bella, she was weighed last week at 12+2 and weighed 12lb 3ozs and is as long as my sisters 6 month old!

I'm still bf'ing with a bedtime bottle (7.30pm) and another bottle when she wakes around midnight, after that she still wakes every 3 hours or so for boob, the most she sleeps in one chunk is 5 hours on ocassion and wants to get up at about 7am every morning!

She is quite a contented baby i think so im pretty lucky, she doesn't cry much, only in the evenings when she gets tired and i'm trying to watch Hollyoaks! She has started making a new noise which is a high pitched squeal she does when she wants to do something that i'm not letting her do, like get off of my lap, it's an "I want" scream!! I've heard her chuckle once, she strains herself in to a sitting position when she's on my lap or propped up but i still haven't seen her roll fully, just a half roll! She grabs stuff a lot now but can't really hold anything yet, except for her toy mouse that she waves around a bit!

• thought i'd join you! esme is 8 weeks and 3 days and was 12lb at 6 +4, so expecting her to be a lot more tomorrow at weigh in. i am ebf and she is thriving! she has a solid block of 6 hours at night, then feeds, then goes back to sleep.
  • George was last weighed 2 weeks ago and was 12lb 10oz . He's now 14 weeks 3 days, and tbh been a bit grizzly recently. I've spent most of this afternoon feeding him and then trying to get him to have a nap! He will only fall asleep whilst on the boob (didn't used to - was pretty good at settling on his own!) Has now fallen asleep, yey!
    Tho if he sleeps for longer now then it makes bedtime routine longer as he doesn't want to go down again! grrrr
    He can go for up to 7 hours at night (he's exclusively breastfed) if i'm lucky image and then go back down for 2 - 3 hours aswell.

2nd injections tomorrow...eeek!
  • i had Esm???? weighed yesterday at 8+4 and she was 13lb! all her 0-3 month clothes are in a box ready for the next baby (!) even though they say up to 14lb they don t fit her.,
  • So lovely hearing how you are all getting on!

F is doing great, he is the happiest little thing, he very rarely cries and smiles at me ALL the time. He started giggling this week which makes me feel like my heart is going to explode, he never shuts up chatting away to me, it really sounds like he is having a conversation!

He weighed 14lb 11oz yesterday and is 63cm long, 12cm longer than at birth, he is so tall!! His favourite new trick is standing up, he refuses to sit now he has discovered he can do it so he spends all his time either lying down or standing up which can get exhausting!

I am still bfing although he now has 1-2 bottles of formula a day, one in the middle of the night and one before his lunchtime sleep usually although I sometimes skip that one.

Is anyone else struggling a bit with bfing in this heat? He doesn't want me to hold him close to me for that amount of time because he is too hot so he is going ages between feeds and then guzzling when he gets starving and can't wait any longer!!