Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I love........

I love hotel, so much in fact that I think we are going to sell our house and just live in different hotels forever! We took the princess on a mini tour of our fav spots in Wales and stayed in different hotels and for the first time since she arrived she slept through and so did I *does a little dance* I couldn't believe it she went down so well even though we were out late and one night had friends in our room for drinks till late she was a little star and as we bought steri bottles I didn't have to do any washing or sterilising! How has everyone elses week been love a very refreshed rena xx

Replies

• Options
    That sounds lovely!! I'm glad you had such a nice week and got some good nights' sleep!

Can I just ask how you managed in the hotel - were you all in the same room? We stayed over in a hotel with Adam not long ago. We wanted to keep him in his routine, so put him down to sleep at 7pm, but were then stuck in a dark hotel room for the rest of the night - we ended up getting takeaway dinner from the pub next door to the hotel and eating it by the light of my hubby's ipod :lol:

xx
  • Options
    Oh that does sound lovely! We haven't had a family holiday yet. I can't wait until we do image

I think we always expect the worst when babies are taken out of their normal routine, which means we are usually pleasantly suprised! image xxx
  • Options
    Hi Cath we were all in the same room and although we did try and stick to a loose routine we also relaxed a bit for example one night we went out to a curry house with friends so just got izzy ready for bed put her in the pram went out for dinner and then when we got back to the hotel gave her a bottle and put her in the travel cot! Another night we went out to dinner did the same thing and then had friends back to our room izzy just slept through it and I think liked the noises of people talking she is actually quite good with noise as I always have the tv on when I am sleeping so she is used to that and also our big dog who snores louder than a twenty two stone human sleeps by her cot and she doesn't bat an eyelid! I''m sure as she gets older it will be harder but she seemed to manage fine although since coming home she is cutting her first tooth and is soooooo upset on top of it all she got stung by a wasp she was so brave I was not!!! *hangs head in shame* xxx

Ladybird I say thumbs up to family holidays they rock!!!!