Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BLW thread on Baby

My god, you can't do right for doing wrong can you lol, now I'm paranoid I should be giving lo finger food, lo seems happy to have mush though, I may do both, I do have a bit of a choking phobia though and can't quite get my head around the prospect of giving lo non mush when she has no teeth!!!

Arrrghhhhhhh just when I think i've got it sorted :lol:

Replies

• I think there is a difference giving a small baby with no teeth a small piece of toast/banana or giving them grapes. Mummy knows best and do what feels right

Gemm x
  • I agree with gemm, mummy knows best, dont fret over what others are doing and just do what you think you and your baby are ready for.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hey Morello,

i think i am going to be like you and do a mixture thats how my mum did it and i love my food ( a bit too much!!!!)
    Also scared of choking as know i would be a total mess so Izzy might end up eating smooth food until she turns 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx
  • I'll prob start offering finger food regularly when LO is 6 months. He has some bits of my toast every now and then, but tends to suck bits off and then spit it out, so he's not really getting any benefit from it.

He has gagged on the lumps once or twice, but he always manages to get whatever it is back to the front of his mouth and spit it out!

xx

PS I bought the BLW book. How she managed to write a WHOLE book on the subject is beyond me. It could be summarised in two sentences!!
  • Hee hee love it Cath!!!!