Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Does anyone else's baby cry when they are sleeping?

Izzy has started to cry out during the night, as if she is very distressed, and yet when i go to her she is still fast asleep! It is horrible to hear and i am getting so little sleep as i am on edge and it happens around about 11, 3, 4ish and then she wakes up between 5 and 6 when we start our day! Not sure what to do as i usually go in stroke her put dummy in and then sit with her until she is settled again. last night her scream was so bad that i went in and grabbed her out of the cot to cuddle her instead it only seemed to make it worse and she didn't stop till i put her back in bed. Any ideas greatly appreciated as am all out myself!!!

love rena x:cry:

Replies

• Options
    she could just be having a dream or have some wind. All my babies have done this from time to time but try not to worry too much. If my baby does this i peak in on him through the door so if he is awake he cant see me. If he is sleeping he usually settles back down himself. A good time for them to self settle. If there really is something wrong you will soon know

Gemm x
  • Options
    Hey hun,

Emily used to do this when she was younger but has grown out of it now, she has the occasional wee cry in her sleep but it doesn't last long and doesn't sound as though she is distressed.

I don't have any advice, sorry, hopefully one of the other mummies will be able to help - or post in baby? xxx
  • Options
    GC from born in Mar 10...YES! Iona has started to do in the last few weeks, and it can be difficult to rouse her to stop her crying. Once it was so bad, and she was so asleep, DH stripped her and splashed cold water on her to wake her up! x
  • Options
    Oh lord Lulee that would REALLY stress me out fortunatly at the moment my ;little Diva seems happy enough to just have her dummy and a little pat! Thanks for the reply though as it does help knowing not alone! xxx
  • Options
    Hiya, yes Adam went through a phase of doing this. he only does it very occasionally know. It is horrible because he sounds so upset yet is fast asleep. I used to just either stroke his head or place my hand on his chest & he used to calm down. I have read that when they go through development phases, their brain process everything when they are asleep so that could be why it happens. I'm sure it will pass but I know its not nice to see xxx