Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

crazy dreams!!

Have heard of having crazy dreams while pregnant, but is it usual to have vivid dreams once you've had the baby?! Mine are keeping me awake!

DD sleeps in her nursery now and for the past couple of weeks I wake once or twice in the night utterly convinced that I haven't put DD back into her cot after feeding her! Stupid thing is, she doesn't wake for feeding at all in the night so there is no reason for me to think she is out of her cot in the first place. The number of times I have woken up and searched my bed for DD, patted down the duvet to check shes not under it, looked under my pillows (why she'd be under my pillow, I don't know??!!), and even woken OH up to check he doesn't have her...!!! I then seem to wake properly and come to my senses and get back into bed again, only to question whether I should just go and check shes in the cot and not ran off anywhere!! I never do go and check cos I fall asleep again and lo and behold shes safetly there in the morning, while I'm knackered!

Last night I woke OH up to ask whether I had fed her before or after he had come home from work (he gets home between 4 and 6pm so of course I have fed her both before and after!). I was absolutely insisting on an answer and poor hubby's face...!

Anyone else have strange dreams now they have their baby?! xxx

Replies

• Dont worry your not one your own! DS is still in our room his moses basket & some nights my hubby will wake me when DS is starting to whinge for a bottle & im convinced that im already cuddling/feeding him!! But im not, im just dreaming that i am.
  • im having crazy dreams but there about hubby having an affair and i no he isnt . i do wake my self up tho an check mias ok xx
  • I've always slept walked and talked but since having Corey it's gone from maybe twice a month to a couple of times per week.

I spoke to my doctor about it at my six week check up and she put it down to excess hormones!

xx
  • Yes! am always dreaming that someone is coming in to pinch her. Even dreamt a ghost was flying away with her last week!!! woke up in a right panic! stupid mummy......xxx
  • I usually talk in my sleep as well! I also hallucinate! :lol: My hubby could hold a full conversation with me!! haha!

I 'woke' up the other day looking for Emily under the pillows on the bed, hubby got a fright and thought he had lay on her as he didnt realise she was in the bed! - she was lying fast asleep in the crib next the bed! Another time i woke up at 2am and went to take Emily out of her crib to feed her, i had dreamt she had woken up! Hubby had to stop me! :lol:

I'm a crazy lady! haha!
  • Lol! glad I'm not the only one who seems to think a baby could crawl under my pillow all the way from their cot while my head is still lying on it!!

I've always slept-walked and talked. I once took our duvet off the bed to go and save someone from 'drowning'! I would have walked out the front door with it if it hadn't been for OH stopping me!
  • I had an awful one the other night that I had my baby died (it wasn't rhys or alfie though) and oh had to wake me up as I was sobbing in my sleep it was awful.
  • Yes, i keep dreaming that i've put my baby in the car but when i set off i look and he's not there and he's still at home, its awful and i wake up in a big panic feeling really upset and guilty. Its ridiculous but now everytime i put him in the car, i have to double check when i set off that i've done it, completely stupid but my dream really upsets me!!
  • who knew having a baby made you completely lose your marbles...!!???

My latest was dreaming that I'd set off in the car and I looked over and saw that I'd forgotten DD's seat so she was just sat on the passenger seat! She kept sliding off into the footwell and I was SO upset. Couldn't believe what I'd idiot I'd been to forget her carseat.

Was so glad to wake up.

As if it;s not bad enough that we get no sleep...without having horrible dreams when we do - what a swizz!!!

xx
  • I think these baby dreams are much worse than normal dreams cos you're LO is your world and you'd never want such things to happen for real, hence why you end up feeling awful and waking up.
    Don't know what I'd do if I ever found DD under my pillow one night!!!