Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

:cry:

:cry:

i have been diagnosed with having PND... i knew it was coming but to admit it or some health professional to tell you, it knocks you for six :\(

my HV is now keeping a really close eye on me now as she reckons it could get worse for me... so i now have to see her in 2 weeks to discuss how i am feeling and progress frm there... at least the first step has been taken... i jst need to start talking but anyone who has PND knows how hard it it, i cant talk to my husband, friends or family and by admitting it to you ladies, i really feel like i have let my family down and tht breaks my heart :\(

jst had to get it out, i really dnt kno wot to do anymore

kelly and joseph (9+2)

Replies

• awww bless you, I really hope you get the support you need. take care hunnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    My sister had awful pnd , she was really really low but she got through it and is absolutely fine now, my point is you will get through it, it will take time and the best thing to do is take each day at a time and dont expect too much of yourself , you need time and lots of support hunnie. (((hugs)))))
  • Sending you big hugs!! You will get there, its a good thing that the HV is helping, thats the first step on the road to getting through it.

Chin up

Gemm x
  • G/C from DIJ and didn't want to R&R.

You haven't let anyone down by admitting how you feel, you have been really brave and taken the first very important step. Your lo needs you to be strong, and taking one day at a time is important. I'm sure you want to improve things, and that should spur you on.

Talking is very important, sharing how you feel and admitting it is difficult. But the health professionals are there to help you, not to judge you. You need to be honest with them and yourself. To get it out in the open will help.

If you have someone you trust whether in the 'real world' or on here, then you should try to open up to them. A little at a time.

Try the PND forum on here, if you read a few posts it might help you accept you are not alone, and maybe realise others may even have it worse than you.

Sorry if you feel I'm sticking my nose in, I haven't had PND myself. But you should be proud of yourself for getting help. xx,