Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

So ahemmmmm how's ur love life :lol:

Hey ladies,

Well Ethan is 10 week and 5 days old and still happily tooked up with mummy and daddy, which I love!!!!!! But hubbie is starting to think about us moving ethan in his own room, probably because he gets no "how's your father" with ethan in the room :lol:

Poor hubbie is feeling love starved and i do feel bad as I give him next to no attention as I pile all my attention on ethan at the mo! And our love life has been non existent since ethan was born :\( and although i want to have more "us" time im just sooooo tired and absorbed in ethan hubbie just has to take a back seat!

So i suppose im just trying to make myself feel better and know others are the same? Or am i just the meaniest wife in the world with the most frustrated husband :lol:?

Anyone else struggling to share their time between babies and hubbie?

Em xx

Replies

• Hi there

Adam sleeps in our room (we only have one bedroom!) but in his cot.

My sex drive has really kicked back in again over the past few weeks, so we are either doing it quick-and-quiet in bed during nap times (at the weekend when hubbie is at home!) or using the sofa! We did it three times on Saturday!

I do feel a bit odd doing it with Adam in the same room, but he is sound asleep and hopefully oblivious!

I found that I was really missing the closeness with my husband and am sooo pleased that we've got it back again. It helps keep me sane! image

xxx

[Modified by: **Cath** on May 11, 2010 01:37 PM]

• Alfie's 11 weeks and ours is pretty much back on track. Although Alfie's still in our room we put him in at 7 so he's well away before we go in there. It's nice being able to just have snuggles on the sofa of an evening again just the 2 of us getting a bit of us time and it helps that alfie's started sleeping through the night so I'm not thinking if we do it tonight I'll only have ....time before the next feed lol.

We're also making use of the sofa ha ha
  • 3 times on saturday Cath!!!!!! my god, i dont know how you find the energy lol!
    hubby and i have tried a couple of times but its a pain, i have no sex drive really at the mo, i havent gone back on the pill because im rubbish and disorganised so condoms seem to kill the mood, and to top it off i have a prolapse which when we had a go the other day got a bit sore so we gave up, TMI for lunchtime i know :lol:

You're not alone Em7, tbh i think i may well be able to last the rest of my life without it but i'm hoping its hormonal, i was bloody rampant when i was pregnant, god knows where that enthusiasm went!! I have to say i'm a boring old sex in bed kindof a person, we tried the sofa and its uncomfortable lol, we just have to be quiet because bubba is in the moses basket next to the bed, she never even stirs though!
  • Well sex drive is definatly back on track! Nancy is still in our room but when she's out for count she dont know whats going on so we get plenty of us time, Plus there's always the quickies down stairs, all the kids are in bed by 7o'clock.
    You should a always spare time for you and hubby!!! its well worth it even with the sleep deprival!!
    Although dont know if iv get the energy of cath yet lol.
    xxx
  • Christ ladies!!! :lol: so I am the most evil wife in the world :lol:

I just can not bring myself to lose any precious sleep for anything!!! Maybe if ethan keeps on improving i'll feel different as upto a few days ago I was up feeding every 2-3 hrs still. And when he went to bed so did I!

hhhmm so it looks like I need to make more of an effort then.............bugger! :lol:
    x

• :lol:

I was not fussed at all during pregnancy, so I must be making up for lost time!

• Cath you put me to shame :lol: xx
  • Oh Em you are definately not alone! Although Emily is now in her own room i just cant be @rsed with sex! :lol: My poor hubby!

I wasnt willing to risk it when i stopped bleeding - just incase! Then i got the implant in my arm a few weeks ago, i then geared myself up to going ahead with 'doing the business' when AF arrived! So i am now still bleeding and it will be another week or so before hubby gets any action!

I also dont feel quite right down there! Sorry but tmi but i just feel 'bigger' and quite gapey ifsyim :lol: So my confidence is not what it was!

Lx
  • 3 times in a day!!!!! Bloomin eck Cath, baby number 2 wont be far away.

I'm too tired most of the time and really have no inclination to do the do. We have a few times but OH works shifts so he is either getting up at 5.30am so tries to get to sleep, or he is not in till after midnight by which time im sleeping. Through the day ive got the kids here and if he is at home in the evening, we are both busy then ive got to feed the baby, by which time its 11ish and im knackered!!!

I feel like a bad wife too but TBH i dont really care!! Im the one who has done every feed for 14 weeks night and day and if i need to sleep and dont feel very sexy with milk leaking out of my boobs, then so be it!!!

Sure i will get back on form in a while (like a few years!!)

Gemm x
  • another mean wife here lol

Niamh is still in our room so thats my excuse at the moment lol. DH did ask the other week when we might do the deed again so to speak but i quickly changed the subject. Its been that long I am not even sure I can remember what to do lol!
  • I dont feel as bad now that i've read these posts. Me and DH haven't done it for nearly a year.....yes you've read it right!! We didn't have sex whilst i was pg cos after losing our first baby i didn't want to risk it....silly i know!!

I planned to do the deed whilst we were away last week but sods law AF arrived...typical!!
  • We have done it a couple of times but not many. TBH it has been a bit sore at the beginning each time, I am starting to worry now something isn't healed down there!
  • Thank god I'm not the only evil wife! We've done it twice since lo was born and she's now 12 weeks. My sex drive just isn't there and like Gemm said I've done all the night and early morning feeds since she was 2 weeks old and I've been too knackered to even think about his needs! Maybe if he cooked dinner and sorted the baby out one evening I might be "thankful"!!!! Lol!! Poor Bugger!!

So don't worry em7, you're definitely not alone!!!

Jem
  • Double Post!!

Jem
    x

[Modified by: jw82 on May 13, 2010 02:12 PM]

• Yay....I am not alone :lol: thanks ladies!! It's not like I dont have the inclination as I do think about it and miss the closeness with hubie, but then I think bugger it im knackered :lol:

Gemm you so said what i've been thinking for ages....how the hell do you get naked and do the do with big leaky boobs??? And I am sory it just isn't going to happen with me wearing a feeding bra :lol:...I mean how un sexy will that look :lol:

Think im going to have to give in soon as he is like a puppy begging for a biscuit :lol: but you bloody watch i'll end up preggers 1st go and then due again in feb :lol:

Hats off to all who are swinging from the chandeliers!!
    And SIL well done you.....my hubbie would be hung drawn and quartered at the min if he woke me at that time :lol: x
  • I'm a mean wife too! :lol: We haven't had any action since around the 28th week of my pregnancy, my SPD got so bad that there was no way I could do any bedroom activity with that pain. My baby is now 14 weeks old and still sleeping in our room, so I don't feel at all comfortable doing the deed with her in the room.
  • Thanks for posting Em7, nice to know it's not just me. My sex drive at the end of pregnancy completely disappeared and I really hoped it'd be back by now with LO 14 weeks old...nope! Poor hubbies hey!
    xxx