Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hot baths

We tried giving Felix a bath a few times and he screamed all the way through, he came in the bath with me so the water was a bit warmer and he didn't cry so when we bathed him last night we made the water really warm and he loved it. I feel bad that we are giving him really warm baths but he much prefers it, does anyone elses baby prefer hot baths?

Miss I and Felix 15 days

Replies

• Hey Miss I as long as it isnt too hot which im sure your not going to put your baby in a scolding hot bath then im sure little Felix is fine and like all of us dosent enjoy a luke warm bath. If he is happy and not coming out red then carry on as you are. I have only given Isabelle 2 baths so far and she has screamed through both will def have to make it a bit warmer and see if it works xx
  • No it doesn't make his skin red, you just get an idea in your head about babies having cool baths and check it with your elbow and all that, he obviously takes after me, I like to look like a lobster in the bath.
    He screamed with the first few so we made a real effort to make sure he wasn't hungry or tired when we put him in and he still wasn't a fan, as soon as we made it warm he loves it. He was so chilled in the bath with me today he fell asleep while I was swishing him about in the water. He loves me putting his head in the water so it covers his ears.
  • Well hun i would carry on as you are, mummy knows best dosent she and it will get him used to water. Its great to get them used to it so they are not afraid of the water when you take him swimming although he may scream a bit when you do take him swimming if its anything like my pool its bloody freezing xx
  • G/C but the boys are exactly the same. They love hot baths. They are now in the big bath and are much happier if the water is warm and deep!
  • Luke did not like a bath at first but now he loves them and kicks everywhere, I must admit I make it a little warmer now as well.
    Hope your doing ok.

• Hi G/C from DIM

My SIL and sister both had hot baths through their pregnancys and they said they think this is why their babys love warm baths so much!

xx
  • hey well i had the same, Imogen screamed the house down on her first bath when she came out of hospital 1 day old and we cried with ehr it upset us so much, then we got a bath thermomenter and put made sure the bath water was 37 degrees and she loves it now, we make sure she is splashed to keep her warm and she only screams when i move her up the chair after she slides down then she is fine again so the warmer water did the trick image xx