Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bad mummy and weaning!

Well, ive got to ask, am i a bad mummy????

1. Was thinking about waiting till Arran is 27 weeks to start weaning, mainly coz i have a busy week next week when im due to start, and am going to a wedding the week he is 26-27 weeks so he is being left with granny. i thought it would be easier for me to wait till after it so i will be around and also it gives gran one thing less to worry about, having the 3 of them to deal with. Do we think this will be ok???

2. I brushed my 3 year olds teeth tonight and he is not great at it at the best of times, likes to cry and close his mouth etc. Well he started his usual crying then started saying yuk yuk, mummy its not toothpaste!! I realised i had savlon out coz he cut his knee yesterday and it was sitting on the sink and i put it on his toothbrush and started brushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, i think i must be having a bad mummy moment!!!

Gemm x

Replies

• I'm so sorry but i had to have a wee giggle at the savlon! Your poor wee man, you should just threaten him with the savlon next time he doesn't want his teeth brushed! :lol:

With Arran, i think you are doing the right thing by waiting, It could be quite stressful and it's a whole new thing for him, he will want his mummy around. You don't want to be worrying about purees etc when you have so much on. One week isn't going to make any difference!

Lx
  • Hiya,
    Re 1. Sam is one day short of 27 weeks when he is 6 months old on 23 August so I'm sure you'll be fine!

Re 2. Your poor poor poor little boy! lol!!

Bex x
  • LB i didnt know whether to call 999 or laugh and laugh about the savlon!!! I suppose its not as bad as him at christmas time when he dipped his daddys toothbrush in some white spirit complete with glossy paint brush and brushed his teeth with that!!! LOL

that doesnt make me feel so bad about waiting for arran, he is 6 months the day after he is 26 weeks so i suppose an extra 6 days wont matter!

Gemm x
    (i did take him to hosp that time by the way)
  • :lol: are you tired by any chance? :P I went shopping today and instead of putting the pram in the boot, i put Emily, in her carseat, in the boot! She looked at me like i was mad :lol: My brain just isn't what it was! haha! x

btw - i did take her back out and put her in the backseat! :lol:
  • LOL LOL LOL, yes how did you guess, im f***in shattered and would be fast asleep but hubby phoned half an hour ago and said he was heading home from work early, which usually means he wants me to stay up for him. Ive not had a lie in for weeks and really need a wee afternoon in bed to catch up, then last night i got to sleep at 12pm and hubby came in from work 6 hours late at 5.30am and he woke up arran who wanted fed, then the big boys were up at 7am. I so didnt need that!!!!!

I see you are selling your bumbo?? i just bought one and arran has been in it 3 times but he twists round and sticks him bum up to get out of it, so im going to fire mine back on ebay too.
  • Men just don't realise how noisy they can be and how it is really not appreciated when they wake up the baby!

Yeah i'm selling it, Emily does the same as Arran and goes rigid and tries to flip herself out of it! She has nearly flipped out of it a few times so i am not happy to put her in it anymore. I got it from ebay in the first place so it's no great loss! I think Emily just doesn't like being restricted in it, she much prefers her jumperoo image x
  • Yes, her and Arran will get on well, he loves his jumperoo or rolling around on the floor. I bought my bumbo off ebay too for ??20 so i know i will get it back. Will wait till yours is finished as we are close by. Are you not keeping all your baby clothes for ladybird the 2nd???
  • Lol, what you like!!

I really don't think 6 days will matter, it's not like he is watching the calender waiting to be 6 months to suddenly decide he is desperate for food is it?!!!

I got a bumbo this week and F has learnt to pull the tray off already and he leans sideways and starts to slide out of it. Glad I didn't pay ??35 for it!!
  • I've put mine down for postage as it's not that heavy and i have a box i can use so it doesn't matter if yours is on as well image They always seem to sell well anyway!

I'm only keeping her really pretty dresses or outfits that have more sentimental value, like her first babygrows etc. Not sure if there will be a No. 2 so just keeping her nice stuff. I'm planning on getting a baby sized doll so she can use her tiny clothes to dress it up image

Lx

• Oh, my friend had a tiny one a few days ago, 4 lb 9 oz!!! OmG thats sooo tiny! Im going to give her all my pink knitted stuff i did for my kids and never used!! Some is so small it would fit a doll
    All my babygrows/vests etc have done all 3 of my boys. I keep saying thats why we have had 3 kids, so we get our moneys worth from the clothes, pram, car seats etc!!! All the stuff is going this time tho. Going to car boot soon and flog it all
  • OMG thats nearly half what Emily weighed! :lol: teeny tiny!

I had so many baby grows that were hardly worn, i just thought i would sell them and use the money to get Emily more pretty stuff image I think (if there is a) next time i will not buy as many sleepsuits! :lol:

I've sold some bigger things as well like her crib and her swing as it was huge and we had no storage space. Got a good price for both so Emily got a lovely new walker and swimming lessons, going next week to get the highchair! eek!

• i was in town today looking at highchairs. Ive got a crackin one but its really heavy and we just put a real wood floor in the kitchen so i dont want to put it in there coz it will scratch the floor. Prob just sell it, it cost ??100!! Looking at a cosatto on the move today which looked fab!!!
  • I think i'm just going to get the ikea cheapy one image I would have loved a tripp trapp but i've heard loads of good things about the ikea one x
  • i like the ikea black one that folds up but it doesnt have a tray and the white plastic one doesnt fold up!!! its so hard to get exactly what you want.!!! I love ikea, free creche for the kids and free tea for mummy!!!
  • I'm not too fussed about it not folding up, I'm just going to replace a chair at our kitchen table. Once Emily is a bit older i think i will just get a booster or something. I think i'm going to ikea this week with my mum, not sure i will be putting Emily in the creche though - i'm not quite ready for that step! :lol: I might just leave her with hubby for some father-daughter bonding image

• Haha Gemm dont worry hun.....my mum once painted glitter nail polish on my eyes thinking it was liquid eyeshaddow lol. To explain I was dancing at the time and so make up just used to get thrown on and she got mixed up.....but oooooh the pain when they were trying to scrape it off lol.
    As for weaning I think you'll be fine wating esp' if aaron is a happy bunny on his milk anyway!

Ethan also is not keen on his bumpo and just starts to buckaroo to get himself out of it lol. xx
  • LB you are fine, ikea creche is only from age 3 so you have a while to get used to the idea! The booster things are great, the ones you get that strap in to a kitchen chair and have their own wee table that you can put on or off., I have one at my mums/sister house and they are fab!!!

Hi Em7, LOL!!! My neice and nephew did that to my oh once. They were doing him up and putting lippy etc on him and got a bit carried away and painted nailpolish all over his face!!! It was fun trying to get it off!!!