Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

cough and cold

oh girls,
my little man has got our cough and cold. my older three and I have had it for two weeks and now ds has it....boo hoo!

docs have given me saline drops to put up his nose to make him sneeze and clear it so he can feed BUT its awful, he cries with tears when i use it so ive only done it once! it broke my heart to hear him.

he cannot lay down, needs to be propped up mainly on my chest! feeding is 5 mins here and there as he struggles to breathe but he is still hungry which is good and i just feed him when he wants it!

sat him in his chair in the bathroom while i had a shower this morning in the hope that the steam helped a little, not sure what else i can do really.

HV coming today to check his weight etc she is coming a week early cos i want her to keep an eye as he is poorly.

sorry to moan, just feel awful for him

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Oh bless him , its always ten times worse when they are so little isnt it and especially when they dont feed and sleep as it makes you feel bad to.

Glad the HV is keeping an eye on him hope you and him feel better soon hun x
  • well my little man had put on 1lb and a bit this last week..so doing well there!
    HV slightly concerned that he has a cough..unusual apparently in babies this young?????( I never knew that!) and advised me to take him back to the docs tomorow for another check up, only took him yesterday!!!!!!!!!!
    other than that got to keep him propped up and warm...duh as if I didnt already know that lol!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx