Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are our new arrivals doing?

Hi Ladies, I don't know if anyone is in here yet, but it seems like a more relevant place to post than due in Feb!

So Taylor is 2 weeks old now and is absolutely amazing! I can't imagine life without her already! This is baby number 1 for us so we don't really know what we're doing, but luckily she's a pretty chilled out baby and seems pretty forgiving of mummy and daddy's novice skills! OH went back to work yesterday so we've survived 1 day on our own, I must say I'm glad it's the weekend tomorrow! It's so much easier with 2! Not sure how you girls with toddlers around do it!

I was quite anxious about breastfeeding but it seems to be going pretty well, I'm not sore at all and Taylor is a greedy little piggy and loves her food (just like her daddy!) She doesn't feed for very long at a time, (about 15mins) but seems pretty efficient and is putting on weight so I'm not worried about that. She's quite awake and alert for most of the morning and snacks quite frequently, then sleeps the afternoon, waking up for feeds every 3 hours. She has another awake time in the evening and then sleeps at night, again waking for feeds every 3 hours. Feeling quite tired but not too sleep deprived.

c-sec recovery seems to be going well, I walked the dog by myself yesterday (helped by the fact that my friend who looked after him while I was in hospital seems to have cured his pulling! yay!) I can't manage the buggy up the steps to our flat yet, so stuck indoors whilst I'm by myself which is driving me a little bit crazy!

Oh, and we move house in a couple of weeks time! Madness!

How are the other Feb arrivals doing?

-x-

Replies

• Options
    Not got my arrival yet, GC from DIF!!

I just wanted to say well done for breastfeeding and for doing so well, particularly with a Csec to recover from.

I'm still due and not until the 22nd, so it seems ages until I'll meet my Lo.

I'll be able to post in here legitimately then :lol:
  • Options
    Hi Katie, I was thinking of posting something similar yesterday to see how everyone was getting on.

Esme is now 16 days old, and you're right, I can't remember life without her! Unfortunately she isn't quite as chilled as Taylor sounds - she's an absolute angle in the day, but for some reason over the last couple of days has decided that she doesn't want to sleep at night, despite being quite happy to self-settle in her moses basket and rocker during the day. Luckily DH isn't back to work until next wednesday - no idea how I'm going to get on after that!

I think we've pretty much got the hang of breastfeeding, and she was back to her birth weight and another 2oz when weighed last week, which made me feel much more confident.

Other than tiredness I'm feeling fine, stiches seem to be healing well and I've almost stopped bleeding. I even managed to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeansimage

Looking forward to hearing from all the born in feb mummies over the next couple of weeks.

Elf x
  • Options
    Hi all Abigail is 15 days today and is fab! She is my 3rd, i have 2 boys ages 5 and 3 and a half, oh is back at work monday but thankfully it is half term so dont have to worry quite yet about getting all 3 ready and out of the house to school early in the morning,which i am dreading. Abi was weighed thursday and is now 8lb 5oz, a whole pound heavier than at birth, but she is formula fed and is greedy lol. She is feeding around every 3-4hours daytime and nightime but settles pretty well in between so not doing too badly so far. I have booked for them all to have photos done on tuesday so looking forward to that, although by the end of the week i think i will be glad when the boys go back to school so i at least get a little bit of peace, glad everyone and their lo's are doing well x
  • Options
    Hey Ladies,

Good to here you are all enjoying motherhood. Grace is now a month old and she is such a good baby and just like Taylor she loves her food and feeds really well. I must say, the firsy week of breatfeeding was a horrible experience, but I am glad I managed to carry on as Grace prefers the breast rather than the bottle as it's a real comfort to her as she likes the skin to skin contact which drifts her of to sleep. I only make up a bottle for her to feed around midnight which hubby gives her whilst I'm asleep and I also make up a bottle for when we are out and about.

Grace is very alert and it is so nice to know she is now knows my voice and looks around for me when she hears me. I am really enjoying motherhood and can't wait for the weather to get better so that we can go for long strolls in the park.

xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Little Alexander is 2 weeks today and sounds similar to Esme Mrs_Elf, in that he is a complete star during the day, then we really struggle to get him down at night and he screams bloody murder (to the point I convince myself something is wrong despite him having a clean nappy, being fed and being warm enough!). I am concerned that all the fussing from visitors and cuddling might have got him used to the attention. So we are trying to give him a bit of tough love, and let him cry it out a bit, which is impossibly hard to do because it breaks my heart to hear him crying!

My other worry is that he had a fairly traumatic delivery (all went well until he moved into an awkward position so had to be turned around and delivered by forceps). So the midwives think he might still be a bit traumatized from that image

Apart from that, I am loving motherhood, and looking forward to getting down to the mum and baby groups! Hubby went back to work today, so it is our first day alone, and so far so good image

Maria

• Options
    Hello all,

Maris - if it any consolation, Esme is now a month old and the nights are much easier! Although she is still relucant to sleep on her own, unless she is completley out when she is put down. Admittedly some of this may be down to me as I secretly love that she sleeps on me most of the time - I love my night time cuddles!

We've had a couple of days when she's been a real grizzle monkey all day, but I think that was due to a bit of a growth spurt as she was also wanting to eat all the time.

Gift - are you using expressed or formula milk for your bottles? I'm thinking of trying Esme on a bottle in the next couple of days so dh can feed her in the evening.

Hope everyone is well

Elf x
  • Options
    finally im on here image we have been at home now for just over a week and have settled back in cant believe im a mummy again :lol: zac is just the best baby ever he rarely cries only at bath time or when he has to get dressed i do wander if it will last though :roll: he was bottle fed for the 1st 3 days but he decided himself he preffered the boob so now he is a breastfed baby and we both love it he has a bottle every now and then so i get a rest but it has to be expressed he refuses formula he has cost me a small fortune already as i had clothes up to 0-3 but he only just fits in 3-6 and the icandy pear carrycot was too small so had to buy maxi cosi carseat etc but dont mind as i love baby shopping :lol:

i just cant stop looking at him it amazes me still that we have created this gorgeous little person xxx

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150109586329390&set=a.430456144389.205040.541679389

• Options
    Good to hear you are all getting along well.

Mrs Elf at the moment i am using formula for when Grace is bottle fed. I decided this as my breasts do not leak and have not leaked since Grace was born, so i have 200 breast pads sitting there unused. I think they do not leak because Grace drinks so much and at the right times, which doesn't give them a chance to leak as the milk is emptied at the right time.

on the other hand, it also gives me the feeling that i may not be producing as much milk as i should be at certain times in the day (I'm not really sure) Therefore, i feed her with formula one a day to make sure Grace is getting enough milk. Once the other hand Grace is getting bigger each day and so it must be from all the breast milk she is getting. Her birth weight was 8lb 11 a week after she was born she was 8lb 9 and a week ago she weighed exactly 10lb.

I feel confident that Grace can take both breast and formula, so that if i need to leave Grace with daddy or my mum and she will not go hungry as formula is always at hand.

xxx

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Gift, I'm the same and have very little leakage. I did try to express yesterday - and I know you get more with practice - but it was such a lot of bother! We gave Esme a bottle of forumla last night and she took to it no problems, and was back to breast feeding in the night. It also meant we got a good 5 hrs unbroken sleep, which was bliss!

I think this will now be part of our night time routine, and will also mean i can leave her with dh now and again without clock watching that she needs feeding.

Elf x
  • Options
    Wow, really jealous of you non leaking ladies! haha! Mine feel like they pour sometimes! I have to carry a spare top around with me, as have had some embarrassing moments! If I feed from one breast, I leak from the other! I feel like I'm changing breast pads every 10mins! There's been a couple of mornings when I've woken up drenched in milk, it's gross!!

-x-