Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My BS

Will try to keep it short and sweet image

On 28th Feb (40+3) I started to get contractions around 10mins apart from 10am on wards they werent painful an I werent really sure until they became regularish that they were possibly contractions. So by lunch they'd fizzled off and I assumed they were BH. I carried on with my day have the odd niggles and twinges here and there but nothing that bothered me. By 8pm I put DD to bed and settled to watch a film with OH we the niggles started again so we started to time them which they were now about 6mins apart, they stay this way for an hour until they stopped again. Most frustrated we decided to call it at night an get some sleep as they were so eratic we asssumed it was false labour.

Midnight and thru the niggles I sat up right out of frustration to feeling rather wet. OH jumped out of bed to get the light on an to great suprise my waters had broke. I phoned delivery suite to be to be put through to assesement (who hung up on me) to be told to wait until 9am the next morning till i'd be seen because my contractions were so eratic.. Unsure off what to do I got DD up to go to BIL By 00.30am my contractions had started to get close together and were taking my breath away a bit so phoned delivery again and they told me because my hemaglobin had gone back up I could go midwifery led so off we jolly to the midwif unit

1.10am an we arrive at the unit only to be told they werent expecting anyone an that i'd been sent to the wrong place. However they said they'd do my obs and decide from there what i should do.

At this point I was only 2cms dilated I was managing the contractions being stood up an moving around seemed to help alot. They checked my bp and unrine which I was +2 of protein and BP was through the roof. So they said I couldnt stay because of any problems could take an hour for an ambulance to get there. They took my blood for me to take with me, thought I was going to faint cos it werent really colourful an my legs nearly went from under me. (I'm usally really good having bloods done lol)

So anyway we had to wait for BIL to come back to get us at the point i'm having to really breath thru the contractions. We eventually get to UHW sometime after 2 an it felt like we had to walk a mile to get to delivery an trying to remember the way from concourse whilst dealing with contractions was fun to say the least.

We make it there about 2.30 and even though i tell the MW I wanted to stay upright she stripped me off and put me in a gown and strapped me to the bed. Didnt even get a choice lol

Upon examination I was 5cms yay. Am very tired at this point had been up for 20hours an just wanted to get some sleep. I asked for an epidural lol and they suggested pethidine to which I plain flately refused apparently. So I was given G&A which I thought was wicked. I dont think I used it properly with DD because I dont remember it taking much effect with her.

I had a lovely student midwife ask if she could come in and deliver the baby to which apparently I said 'No just get it out' which doesnt make alot of sence. Anyway Within the hour I was told to come off the G&A because I'd started to push. They let me hold on to the handle tho so that I could bite down on to plastic which did help. Along with squeezin the hell out of O/H hand image

An by 04.08am I pushed out Marley all on my own an what an amazing experience it was. I never felt so forfilled and proud of myself for bringing him into the world.

I had a 2nd degree tear but nothing compared too what I went through with DD and we was allowed home 12hours later image which was lush.

First few days were tenders but as the weeks gone on I'm springing about when I find the energy from sleep deprivation lol I wouldnt no i've been stitched as I'm feeling pretty good.

Marley was going to make or break my descision on if I would have anymore babies and after such a positive labour with him I certainly wouldnt say no.

He weighted in at 6lbs 9oz. His made me 1 happy mummy, I cant fault him his so laid back and content. Loves my little man image

Replies

• so glad you had such a positive birth experieence cant wait to see a pic of baby marley love the name btw image
  • thank you image It's amazin to think it was all happening a week ago, cant believe how fast time flys when u have more then 1 baby :P
  • What a lovely story. I found it much more positive the 2nd time as well, maybe it's cos g&a worked better 4 me 2 it was as much use as a chocolate teapot the 1st time. I'm wondering if it's the boys that are more laid back & girls are a bit high maintenance
  • I agree there girls seem to be alot more demanding or at least mine was compared to my little man he rarely crys and I know his hungry before he murmers. Could also be that we've done it before so we know what to expect image
  • Aww, congratulations. I'm so glad you had a better experience this time.xx