Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How's everyone doing?

Hello mummies, how are you and your little ones?

We've just got back from our 6 week check-up with the Dr and both are fine. Esme pretended to be a proper little angle baby, all smiles and coos and didn't cry once! She's normally a right grumpy moo at home, mainly because she refuses to nap in the day and gets over tired. Luckily she does sleep a good 10-12 hrs at night (waking to feed twice, but going straight back to sleep afterwards), so I'm just about staying sane.

We're still perserving with breastfeeding, although have introduced 2 bottles of formula each day, as it seems to settle her a bit better and we get to see a bit more of the gorgeous happy girl she really is. She's rapidly gaining weight (she was a tiddler at birth, only 6lb 11oz!) and I've already had to consign one lot of clothes to the cupboard as she's out grown them.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their little ones and all our bubs are doing well.

Elf x

Replies

• Hey, My little man is 2weeks old today and very much a joy to have he is so content and laid back compared to his big sister as a baby.

Maybe its because it my 2nd time I'm an old hand at the baby thing i'm not sure but he is such a breeze. Although he insists on being awake from about 9pm till 1pm if given half the chance which can be a pain when you gotta be up at 7 to get DD ready for the school run. I certainly could do with a few extra hours sleep... DD came into me yesterday lunchtime waking me up asking me why my eyes were shut lol was asleep about 20mins opps :roll:

He only lost a oz in his first week, he likes his milky and feeds anywhere between 2-4oz every 3-4 hours.

O/H thinks his got bigger already but i think his just unscrunched himself and got his legs stretched out properly as his still a little dott he weighted 6lbs 8oz last week his very much all bones love him. Be interesting to know what he weights this week with the amount of milk his been guzzling.

He also enjoys having a bath too he lays there quiet happly havin my drizzling water over his belly.

We have the HV coming to meet him tomoz after 2week of not hearing anything from them. I have my last midwife meeting next tuesday which will be a little sad as she is such a lovely girl i'll miss having her about really got on well with her as she's about the same age as me and so down to earth.

We're both really good though just cnt wait to get back into my pre baby clothes image

Hope everyone else is good too.xx

• Hey ladies

Evie is 4 weeks old and is a real little poppet image she is a pretty chilled out baby, loves to be cuddled but also doesn't mind chilling out in her Moses basket or bouncer chair. Like Mrs_ELF I am combi feeding, giving her 2 bottles a day, the rest being breast fed. She sleeps on average for 4 hours at a time at night but we have had nights where she has slept 5 and 6 hours!! I sleep better now than when I was pregnant!! She is awake quite a lot during the day. We've been getting out quite a lot, she loves to snooze in her pram and carseat tho.

She really enjoys having a bath and she's really starting to take notice of things now, like faces, voices and she loves staring at our fish tank!

Evie weighed 8lbs 8oz at birth. A week and a half ago she was 9lbs 6.5oz so gaining well! We're seeing the health visitor again on Thursday so it will be interesting to see how much she's grown this time.

We went to our first mother and baby grp this morning with my friend and her baby. I really enjoyed it, Evie slept through most of it! Got another one at the GP surgery tmw.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their bundles image x
  • Lovely to hear everyone's doing well.

Dominic is 4 1/2 weeks now, he is feeding alot and not sleeping very well. He obviously thought I had too much of an easy time with his big brother who was a very very relaxed baby!

He's a good wee soul when he's rested enough, bright eyed, cooing and being very nosy! He has fitted in well and DS1 is getting use to him, he wants to cuddle him - make my heart sing!

He was 7lbs 8.5 at birth and was weighed yesterday and is a whopping 9lbs 13oz! I can't believe how quickly they grow!

I joined a slimming class last week, much to the HV dismay! Two babies in under 2years has left me a wobbly blob! Other than a minor infection in my wound, I feel ok.

Hope eveyone else is doing well.xx
  • Taylor is 6 weeks old today and is a little poppet! She's just started smiling and coos and chatters away happily most of the day. We're still breastfeeding although I'm tempted to start introducing a bottle or two of formula a day, mainly so I can leave her with hubby or my mam for a bit. I'm enjoying breastfeeding and she's doing well with it ( weighed at 10lb 9oz on Tuesday) and so far she just comes with me if I want to go out anywhere (she came to a hen party with me last week and was at gospel choir with me this week!) but I know my mam would love to babysit and the breast feeding can feel like bit of a tie!

She's just started to get naughty at night time, she used to just feed and go straight back down to sleep but the last couple of nights as soon as she hits the crib she's wide awake and crying! She had a sticky eye yesterday but seems to have cleared up today.

Good to hear from you all!

-x-