Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Immunusations - horrible!

Oh I can't believe I just had to sit there and watch someone stick two needles into my baby! It was horrible, she screamed and I cried - what a pair!

E seems to have taken it as well as could be expected and is now falling asleep for her afternoon nap, but calpol is on hand!

E x

Opps - 'scuse the spelling!

Replies

• Dylan had his yesterday. It was awful, I don't remember it being like that when Georgia had hers. He was just screaming so much & when I took the cotton wools off that they had stuck to him he had bled quite a bit.

He seemed fine until I was feeding him in the night it took ages for him to take just a little bit he was really hot so I gave him the calpol & he just threw up everywhere. He keeps being sick all the time since then.

I really don't want 2 take him back in 4 weeks but its all for the greater good.

Hope Esme is doing ok.

Rachel
  • Poor Dylan - and poor you angel_eyez! It really is the most awful cry isn't it

Only 4 weeks until we have to do it all again!

Hope Dylan is feeling better soon

• Oh no Evie has hers booked next week and I'm dreading it now!! image poor little babies...
  • Don't worry MrsB she might be OK. I remember Georgia having hers done & she didn't cry at all for the 1st needle & maybe for 30 seconds at the 2nd needle she was really calm with it.

Thank you Mrs_ELF he seems much better today. Did you need your calpol in the end or was Esme ok?
  • I imagine I'll receive marleys appointment in the next week or so. He was such a good boy when he had his heal prick test it didnt even bother him. I'm just hope it dont upset him to much. I'll have a bottle at the ready to comfort him I think
  • zac has his 1st one next wednesday and i wont be taking him oh has always taken the kids for injections and things like that as i hate seeing it, i think its a lot easier on babies

my daughter is a drama queen she had to have a chicken pox vaccine so she could go to school in the states and it took them over half hour to do it she accused them of trying to kill her etc i nearly wet myself with laughter :lol: and my 5 year old took it pretty weel i bought him a big bag of sweets and they stuck him in his arm bless him he came out limping and his dad had to carry him :roll: