Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hate my doctors surgery!

sorry bit of a rant coming but am so angry, made zac an appointment to see the doctor as he has a sticky eye and very chesty, at the moment he seems to be just poorly all the time

he is on his 2nd lot of nystatin as he has oral thrush and it hadnt gone plus he has it on his bum so has cream for that plus nose drops as he is very chesty and constantly chokes on phlem the chestiness has been going on now for over 4 weeks he cant breath properly when i feed him and gets so tiered so feed him every hour at the moment

doctor refuses to treat him for it as he says it will go at some point image he was a complete idiot with me and said he understands its a hindrence and a nuisance (sp?) for me as i breastfeed i have to do most feed myself and he has passed thrush to me so its ever so painful but not once did i ever think of myself and trying to make my life easier all i was is worried about my son he also made me feel like i was over reacting and to be honest was so tempted to knock that smug look off his face

wish i could of seen my usual doc but he is away when i got home i was real upset so oh made me call docs back to see if we could see someone else surprise surprise cowbag receptionist would only let me speak to the same doctor so i did and really lost my temper with him and gave him what for and got him to agree that if zac is the same next wednesday when he has his 1st vaccination then they will treat him

sorry for the moan but just so worried my last son was exactly the same and the docs said he was fine yet 2 days later he was 100 miles away on life support as he actually had broncilitis and his lungs collapsed :cry:

Replies

• Options
    Idiots! I hate my drs too don't get me started on the cowbag receptionists there. When Georgia was a baby she was really sick 1 night and by the morning she was still being sick & was all sleepy only waking 2 be sick. The receptionist took it upon herself 2 decide it wasn't urgent enough to have her seen but some1 would ring me back. After 3 hours no phone call so I phoned back after 15 mins on hold I got pissed off & phoned nhs direct who told me 2 take her straight 2 hospital. She was kept overnight and is still under consultant care a year & half later. Next day I was fuming with the hospital who were useless & gave me no info so I tried 2 book with the gp 2 discuss her but no I was refused an appointment by the receptionist again after I'd been on hold 10 mins. Well she got both barrels from me I totally laid in2 her about their incompetence landing my baby in hospital etc etc.

Sorry I have gatecrashed your rant with my own. I think all surgeries are the same do yours ask what up with you when you ring 4 a same day appt mine do, I always feel like telling em I do not wish 2 discuss my medical conditions with the receptionist. 1 once had the cheek 2 say well do you really consider that an emergency.

I hope u get sorted eitherway & Zac gets better really soon poor little man. I'm sure some drs are just on a mission 2 save the nhs money. Let us know how u get on with em on Monday

• Options
    My little man is the same he gets quiet chesty and coughs really hard and it sometimes chocks I told my HV an she told me just to give him a bottle of water after a feed. It's not pleasent experience and has scared me a few times
  • Options
    angel-eyez please feel free to rant at least its not just me who feels this way about nhs i guess its the you get what you pay for when i was in the states i had to pay for health care i guess thats why it was a million times better

zowen the water seems to help a little thanks

zac had his 1st jabs today bless him he so upset and i saw my nice doc he said zacs nasal airways are narrow hence most of the noise and he is a very mucosy baby that is something he will eventually grow out of fingers crossed he said all i really can do to help is not have him lied flat

one of the receptionists always asks whats wrong and says if you cant tell her then it cant be important enough for appointment - whatever happened to doc patient confidentiality?????????????????????????