Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

whos thnking about another???????????????????

it was nells comment plus my nosiness that prompted this thread :lol:

just wandered if anyone has thought about adding to there family i know i am when im sat there just holding zac or playing with him it certainly enters my mind about having another

i must be crazy as i already have 5 of my own and up until zac was born i was adament i would be sterilised but now i cant get the broodiness away

i blame zac image

Replies

• As much as I love my litle man an loved being pregnant. I really wanna enjoy him, get my body back and enjoy my family as a foursome before I think about anymore tbh I dont even think i'll consider another one until Marley is 3 theres so much I want to do in the mean time. Plus with Isobel startin school in september image I want to be there as much as possible to help her with the change of 3 mornings in playgroup to 5 days at school (am so so scared for her :-/) x
  • My god no!!

Millie is my first. And I think it will be a while yet, although at 34 this year, age isn't on my side if I want another. I'd like them close together as there is 8 years between me and my brother and that was too much, but I think we'll wait at least a couple of years. I'll be keeping everything though just in case.

TBH, I didn't enjoy my pregnancy, and the the birth was pretty awful too. I'm loving it now though and want to enjoy this time without thinking about no 2 just yet!!!! I also want to get my body back to normal too, and after my doc checked my wound the other day he reckon it could be a good few months yet before I'm in a condition to 'make babies' anyway!!! Still ouchy after forceps and episiostomy!!! x
  • Esme is my first, and i was already talking about the next one during labour! DH wasn't so keen, until yesterday when he said to put some bits in the loft rather than give them away, 'for next time', yay!

I'd actually like a few years to enjoy E before having another one, not least as I don't know how I'd cope with a newborn and a toddler - I have so much respect for all you 2nd/3rd (and 5th MummyNowto5!) mummies, but like you Loobylou age is not on my side!
  • i do want another as with most i dont want a big age gap there are 16 years between me and my brother and 22 between me and my sister! i think im scared to have aanother baby and that what puts me off my pregnancy was awful and zac was big and know next time would be even bigger which freaks me out a little plus how would my body cope? im also thinking selfishly after 5 babies my tummy is erm rather saggy no matter what i do :roll: and oh has agreed when i decide no more babies for good as in sterilisation i can have a tummy tuck which i would love the real thing rather then tucking my tummy in my waistband :lol: plus i think then they all grow up together so then it will become my time if that makes sense as i want to go to uni etc to train to become a midwife and feel that would be put off longer if waited to have another baby if that makes sense?

its such a hard decision its like the little people sat on your shoulders 1 says get the bloody coil fitted woman asap go to uni then have another and the other is saying do it when i can be bothered and let nature take its course rather then wait till im 35????

plus i guess i actually need to do the deed anyway tried once and really hurts but had nothing like you loobylou i can understand you hurting but not sure why i do?????
  • Dylan is my 2nd & last and cos I know he is I'm desperate 4 another especially when he smiles at me it's the cutest thing, but then I also wpups feel bad havin another cos he is my baby & I wouldnt want 2 upset him & make him jealous (im pathetic).

Jack is adamant no more babies 2 but then otherday he said at the rate he's growin we might need 2 have another image before Dylan was discharged from the care of the community midwives he had 2 be weighed 2 check he was back 2 his birthweight. When they told me he was over birthweight i had a day of mourning cos he wasn't my little baby anymore image see told you I was pathetic

I've also got at least 10 pregnant friends all due in september I'm so jealous even though I hate being pregnant. I kinda think I want another cos it's the 1st time I've experienced all the magic of a baby cos when I had Georgia I had pnd so although I've got 2 children I only feel like I've had 1 baby if that makes sense & I love it & wana do it again
  • i now have the jealous feeling my sister has just announced she is expecting and the family are so excited whereas nobody acknowledges zac on my mum side

feel like bloody crying :cry:
  • Oh no that's not fair! Jacks family are like that with both of mine they are all for his sisters kids (they have 4 between them) but mine just get ignored both sisters got bought something for the baby when they were pregnant like a Moses basket or something & we got nothing for either. Oh actually I lie Georgia was given a cot mobile then it was taken back off us 2 give 2 his sisters kid as he was due before Georgia was & the shop only had 1 in stock but had ordered another 1 which never came. That made me really mad u can't give a present then take it back. They asked what I wanted 4 Dylan I said a coat good job I bought him 1 myself otherwise the poor kid would have froze to death waiting 4 them.

I know it's not about presents & gifts etc but 4 me it's the principle of it especially where little children are concerned if your goin to buy 4 1 you should buy for them all and if u can't afford to buy for all 6 kids then don't buy for any of em. His sisters kids are always gettin clothes & taken out. It just gets on my nerves especially when his older sister is nearly 30 has 3 kids yet they still run round after her everywhere n mother her like hell.
  • angel-eyez i know exactly how you feel i could of written what you just have about my own family just wrote a bit of a ranting post about them :x
  • I would definately like to have another baby! image Evie is my first and generally I had a very good pregnancy, I enjoyed most of it, and even tho the labour was very long it turned out ok in the end and hasn't put me off!

Hubby and I think an age gap of about 3 years would be best and suit us...we want to enjoy Evie and like Mrs_ELF I don't know how I would cope with having a toddler and a newborn! I think it would be nice for Evie to be at nursery half days when baby no2 comes along. I'd like to be able to have special quality time with both of them, and enjoy time with a new baby doing things like we do now, groups, baby massage etc.

Who knows what will happen tho! Those are my thoughts on it at the moment. I absolutely adore my daughter, she is the most amazing little person and I'm treasuring every minute with her, and id love to be able to experience this again with another baby image x
  • Never again for me! after a dreadful pregnancy and tilly still not really settling at night i don't want anymore! luckily i have one of each and just looking forward to enjoying them grow up and in a selfish way getting a bit of my life back!

Lauren and Tilly 6+5 x
  • think that maybe one of my reasons for wanting another my eldest is a girl but has always been a tomboy and i have always wanted a girly girl and had 4 boys instead :lol: still have hope that i will one day get a little princess so does my daughter haha
  • I'm deff thinking about another already! We'd like an 18-24 month age gap so we're going to start trying when DD is 9 months (which will be in Nov). I've spoken to other friends of mine wondering if they have felt the same after having they're first and it seems that most were put off if they had a difficult pregnancy or labour. I found my pregnancy and labour easy so guess i'm one of the lucky ones and I can't wait to have a little brother or sister for my DD image
  • i had a difficult pregnancy and that does put me off but oh is good at the bribary he says if i have the coil fitted so no more babies for at least 5 years then he will buy the kids a new puppy with rex dying how can i say no he is so sneaky lol so it looks like the decision is made no babies for 5 years only prob is now im scared to get coil as you tubed a video and it has freaked me outa bit image
  • No not for me as my husband went against my wishes when Tobi was about 8 weeks out and had a vascetomy... Tobi is our 3rd child and was a surprise but thats another story completely :cry: