Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Reusable Nappies

Hi Ladies hope your all well

I was just wondering if anyone used reusable nappies & what you think of them, how they work & how you decided what kind to use as there are so many.

Thanks in advance.

Rach & Dylan

Replies

• Hi, I used Bumgenius with DS2, and still have them. They're supposed to be birth to potty, but they're huge on DS3 at the moment. I might try them again in a month or so.

I think i'll stick to disposables for a while yet though. While I did like the reusables that i had, I did notice that my electric bill skyrocketed with all the extra washing that I was doing (although elec bills have rocketed anyway without the help of the extra nappies).

Check on your local council's webpage to see if there is a real nappy advisor near you who could help with which ones to go for. Many do a free trial.

xxx
  • ive been using reusables since zac was 4 weeks old and am glad i made that choice he had quite a few leaks in pampers and huggies, i use tots bots with a wrap over the top and i have only had one leak in 6 weeks and even then it was only a bit of wee zac has liquid poo which has never leaked out they are really nice and soft to and i use these little lamb fleecy liners in them and zac has not had any nappy rash either i did buy some bumgenius but they didnt seem to fit as good plus they were no where near as soft and they were boring so they have gone :lol:

i have a bucket and a bin by the changing table all the nappies get chucked in the bucket and wipes etc in the bin, the bin gets emptied at the end of the day and i put the nappies on to wash i then chuck them in the tumble dryer and just put the wraps over radiator and its al ready again for the morning i dry pail to less mess and nobody has ever said they can smell it either

i never have to worry about running out either which is fantastic the inital outlay can be high but you certainly get more than your moneys worth