Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2011

Weaning

Hello everyone,

I can't believe how quickly time is going, Esme is now 18 weeks and so different to that tiny little bundle we brought home from the hospital, and so much fun!

I know the guidelines say 6months, but E is showing all the signs - chewing on everything (although I think she's also teething), watching us eat and demolishing her milk - so thinking of trying her with some baby rice at the weekend. Anyone else thinking of weaning soon?

Hope all you mummies and babes are well

E&E x

Replies

• G/C from born in March (was due in Feb though!). Think I am going to try Harry on baby rice from about 17-18 weeks, so still another 4-5 weeks to go, but am getting excited about it! He is chewing his hands all the time, watches us when we eat and takes about 5 mins to finish a bottle so the signs are there!

Good luck!

• My baby girl is 14 weeks, chewing hand, watching me eat, only takes 10 minutes to finish her breastfeed, dribbling. But I think it's teeth coming not hunger.

I won't be starting weaning until Amelia reaches 6 months, beginning of September, just as the n ew term starts, oh joy!!

N&A xximage
  • Chewing hands, watching you eat and finishing feeds quicker aren't signs of needing weaning, they're just normal development stages. You're best off holding off on weaning until they're truely ready as it can cause more problems than it's worth.