Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Feb 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

had a rough time!!

hiyya ladies, hope your all ok?

havnt really been on here much, had sort of a rough time with my little man, he had very swollen ' boobies ' his right one in particular! it looked like there was a plum underneath his skin, very red and swollen, looks painful! asked the midwife of it on saturday at a routine check up and she said she has never seen anything like it and said that if its still the same on monday to make sure he is seen monday, it was still there yesterday so i took him up to the midwifes again and we got sent over to the childrens ward, after a 3 hour wait the doctor finally came to us, he examined him and told us that he needs to be put on a drip and have blood tests done, even at that point i was breaking my heart, the thought of my poor little man having needles put in him was unbearable! i couldnt go in the room with him, my mam had to, thank god she was there!!

after he had the drip put in and bloods taken the nurse came and said his results were here and he has an infection in his blood! and would need to stay in at least 2 days!

only for the doctor to come in an hour later and say they have only just got his results back and he doesnt have an infection at all, he has neo-natal mastitis, quite rare in boys, but anyway, he had the drip took back out again and we were aloud to take him home, he's on anti-biotics orally now and hates it !! poor little man has had it rough and is enjoying all the kisses and cuddles! were up at the childrens ward again tomorrow just for a check up to make sure his anti-biotics are working, so fingers crossed!!

xxxx

Replies

• G/C Ahhh poor little man. Hope he gets well soon image I'm sure he will with all the kisses and cuddles.

Lu xx
  • Oh chick, how horrible image

No where near as awful as you have had it but little lady got an ear infection at 10 days old and is on anti biotics and they have given her a awful bad tummy and she is constantly pooing and now has a sore bottom, all before shes a month old image Its horrible when theyre so tiny. Hope it clears up and he can get some peace image

xxx
  • poor him! hope it will all get better soon!!