Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2012

Who is still here??

I am not due until Tuesday, but I know that a lot of babies have been born now image It is all so exciting!!

For those of us who are still waiting, I hope that things start to happen for us soon, and that you're not too uncomfortable. I am feeling fine (although sleeping is difficult), but I am just impatient!! :lol: I want to meet my baby!! image

Hope all mummies to be, and new mums are doing well!!

xxx

Replies

• I'm due today!!!! But I don't think anything is going to happen anytime soon!!! image Trying to walk lots to see if I can get things moving but nothing yet!!

I'm feeling really good, which I didn't think I would and i'm starting to sleep properly which is strange but I'm not knocking it lol!! image

Hope everything goes well with you!! x
  • I'm still here image I'm due today and I'm getting so fed up and frustrated. I lost my muscus plug two weeks ago and kept getting lots of cramps etc so I got all excited and even thought maybe she would be early.... I've tried most of the natural ways to induce labour (I eat spicy food often so that doesn't seem to move anything along, sex was too painful to even finish) except castor oil and cod liver oil (my partner's mum swears by this) because frankly I've been put off by reading how they can cause diarrhoea and can be bad for baby. My niece came into contact with a child that has chicken pox last week too so I've spent over a week at home with no-one to make plans with as I don't want to risk anything from seeing my sister and I feel like everytime someone makes a 'why don't you give birth/isn't it here yet?' etc comment I want to hit them more and more. I know I should be grateful that they care but it just seems to highlight the fact that I am sitting at home all day alone without much to distract me. I home study with the Open university and even that I can't concentrate on because I just want to be holding my baby so much image Sorry to be so depressive in this note but I just really needed a rant so thanks for listening xx
  • If you ever want to chat ickle_shellie PM me image The last 2 weeks have dragged so much, but being home alone all that time can't be good!!

You are not alone in wanting your baby now, and in trying to evict it naturally. I, like you, eat a lot of spicy foods anyway so that isn't doing anything. I lost my mucus plug on Friday (I think...), so maybe things will happen for us soon. We have also tried sex, but so far nothing. We must be providing good environments for our babies image

Please try to think positively, as your baby will be here soon!

LydiaR84 please keep us updated with how things are with you!! I have tried long walks too, but again nothing. This baby is just not ready to come out yet image

Hopefully we don't have much longer to wait image

xxx
  • Thanks for the reply image Don't get me wrong I am glad that she is all nice and comfy but I'm not! Although I'm sure most babies would come sooner if they knew how uncomfortable and irritable they were making their mums. Hopefully both of ours will be here within the next few days and we will wonder why we got all impatient and moody image
  • Good Luck girls..i know it seems like a life time away but i won't be long now! Im so excited for you all..may your babies make a safe and speedy entrance very soon! image xx
  • So it looks like some of us are having March babies instead then...I have to say I am a little disappointed. I always have midwife appointments on a Friday, at my last appointment the midwife said since I'd nearly by 41 weeks on a Friday to come in on a Wednesday (yesterday) and they will 'prod me'. So I spend all week mentally preparing for this as it sounds nasty, but also getting my hopes up that within 48 hours I could potentially be a mummy. My partner took a half day at work to be there to hold my hand through what sounds like a nasty procedure everything sounds like it could be dandy. So I get to this random wednesday appointment and she says 'has anyone spoken to you about a sweep yet?' so I said 'not properly but you said you'd prod me about today'. She then tells me it is too early to do this as they like to leave it a week overdue, but since that is a Sunday and I don't know where the centre she works Sunday is that she didn't mind doing it a little early on Friday...I know its tomorrow and all but now my partner can't really get more time off work to take me and be there for me so I kind of just feel like I had yesterday wasted for no reason. And to make it worse as this centre is too far to walk to I had to get my sister to cancel her gym class and creche (which costs her money) to come take me Friday when you know if she just kept my normal appointment day my partner could have had friday off instead and no-ones time would be wasted. Also the whole disappointment of working myself up mentally for this procedure and its effects for nothing. Hope everyone else who is still overdue is having better luck/time than I am! xx
  • I'm still here!! Will be 41 weeks tomorrow. I had a sweep on Wednesday which wasn't too bad but baby is only 4/5th engaged image

I've booked in for an induction next wednesday which will be 12 days over, but I really want her to come naturally.

Hope everything goes ok x