Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My birth story

hiyya ladies, finally getting round to doing this after 18 days!!

i was meant to go into hospital to get induced on the 7th of feb, and when i got there i was told they were too busy but they would do the stretch and sweep, so i had that done and was told i was 2cm dialated, then i left, came home and i started getting twinges, through out the day they got alot worse, and at 3.30am i went into hospital, was put on the monitors and although it was showing that i was having contractions i was sent home and got told that if nothing happened then to go in the following monday to get induced, however... i had an appointment that day with my consultant and begged him to have me in sooner, he told me to phone the next morning to see if they had space!

i phoned the next morning and the very snotty midwife said there was no space and that she wanted to speak to my consultant ( i think she thought i was lying )

anyway, 20 minutes later she phoned bck and told me to go straight down to get induced image

i could have cried i was that happy!

so of we went to the hospital, went straight to delivery and had the gel inserted, was uncomfortable but not painful, was then put straight on the monitors and it was still saying i was having contractions...

got moved up onto the ward where the pains were getting much much worse, the midwife wouldnt beleive that i was having them, said they were fale contractions, there-for i wasnt aloud anything other than paracetemol!

6 rather long and painful hours later i got took back down to delivery to have the second lot of gel put in, i told the midwife down there that i was getting contractions and yet again i was told they were just false ones!! as if i dont know my own body!!!

was laid on the bed AGAIN on the monitors and i felt a big gush, then another, so i turned to my partner and said, ohh go and get the midwife, my waters have gone!

he ran out the room and came back with a stream of midwifes and a doctor in tow! turned out it wasnt my waters that had gone i was losing alot of blood, and my poor boyfriend saw it all, hence the reason why he ran out the room! the midwife whipped my pyjama botoms of me and that when i realised how much i had lost, it was everywhere!! the doctor gave me an internal and said i was 5cm dialted, and which point i turned to the midwife and said ' now can i PLEASE have the gas and air ' !! my waters hadnt gone, so the doctor called for another one, and he broke my waters and 7.45, by which point my mam had been phoned and was there by my side, yet again it wasnt painful, just uncomfortable! the midwife advised me to have an epidural as i was classed as very high risk, and they thought i would end up having a section!

however the epidural didnt work, i only got a numb patch on my leg!!

then the babys heart rate started dipping a little so they put a clip on his head, now this, for me was very painful!! didnt help that my contractions by that point were back to back, i wasnt even getting a rest inbetween!!

he had to try 3-4 time before he finally managed it.

after a couple more hours i told the midwife that my body was pushing, so she examined me and said no it isnt your only 7cm, as soon as she moved i shouted, IM PUSHING!! she gave me another examination and said, ' oh, your fully dialated, yes push when your ready! '

aaannnddd... after 45 minutes of one push after the other my little man was born at 1.46am on friday the 10th of feb, weighing 9lb 4oz!

he was nice and healthy and just perfect!

we came home the same day image

abit of a long post, but it was a long labour LOL

hope i havnt scared anyone!!

it is really a pain you instantly forget image

goodluck to all you who are still waiting, and congratulations to all you who have there little ones image

xxxxx

Replies

• Gosh it sounds like you had a stressful time of things but well done getting to the end of everything and having a gorgeous 9ib 4oz bundle at the end of it all!!! image
  • sorry to hear that u had it the hard way,but as u said u forget the pain instantlyimage Congratulations!!
  • G/C from due in march. Congratulations!! Baby was born on my birthday! I was wondering if anyone from this group would have a 10th of feb baby! I hope you are both doing well after what sounds like a very hard labour. Well done you. Wishing you all the best for the future. x
  • thanks ladies, and mrshugs, happy birthday for then image its also my older cousins birthday image xxx