Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello everyone!

Got my first ever bfp a few days ago, I'm not entirely sure when my due date is, so it might change by the time I go to doctors. 

Got a blood test this morning to check my hormone levels to see if they are rising, as I was actually on the waiting list for a Laporoscopy when we decided to ttc again, so I've still been getting a few pains, so they want to rule out ectopic by doing this. It still doesn't seem real at all, I don't think I'm believing it as I've wanting it so badly for SO many years that I can't let myself believe it, it's like my body has put up some sort of defense to it all. Hopefully after I've been to doctors it'll seem more real and let myself get properly excited. It doesn't help either that we aren't even telling our families yet until the hormone thing is done, so that makes it feel un-real too. 

I've not really got any symptoms, apart from never-ending hunger! Last night I had a chicken fillet for starters, then I had two platefuls of chicken casserole and then followed by two big servings of raspberry and cream sponge cake. If you could see the size of me, you wouldn't think I could fit it anywhere (I'm about 7st)! But that is all I have other than lack of period to keep convincing myself it's happening! But I suppose I should be grateful I've not got morning sickness or anything worse (yet?!) Oh and I've developed about 10,000 spots all over my face and chest, look like a 14 yr old with acne image

Anyway, there's my moan over, I brought myself on the forums to hopefully make me realise that I'm finally one of those pregnant women! And i'll let myself finally get excited.

Hope everything is fine with everyone else on here xx

Replies

• Options

Congratulations - you are one of those pregnant women!!

Hope all goes well with the tests.

xx

• Options
    Hi hazzzerr

I'm 5+2 today! 1st baby. We found out quite early, thanks to a first response test so feel like time is going by really slowly! (known about 2 weeks...)

I've got my 1st midwife appointment on Monday (2nd July) so looking forward to that - get the ball rolling!

I haven't had many symptoms yet, just little things.
  • Options

Yeah, we were actively trying, so we'd been waiting on the result since ovulation, so I know how you feel about it feeling like ages! My booking in appointment isn't til 20th julyimage

But the blood test went okay today, I can ring for the result on mon/tues and then my second blood test to see if the levels are rising is on thursday. Starting to feel a bit more real now, cuz as soon as we get the hormone level results back ,we are going to tell our family- can't wait for that part!