Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mad week

Well.... Eventful few days, started off nice with my booking in appointment with the midwife on Monday. All very exciting, my 12 week scan has been booked for 14th August, another midwife appointment for 16 weeks and even booked into a Breastfeeding group in December image all very organised and my diary is filling up! THEN... Yesterday!!! (tmi warning) well since we found out we were expecting we've been too scared to have sex. Then yesterday afternoon we got a little frisky, didn't have intercourse just messed about! Straight after I went to the toilet, and there was blood on the toilet paper when I wiped, not a lot, so I didn't get too worried. But every time I went the toilet afterwards it got worse and worse, and worse. At one point I stood up and literally felt it coming out. Bright red blood. Rang the maternity unit and they said to just wait and see how it goes, if it gets really heavy to go to A&E but if not to wait Until this morning and if it's still bleeding to go to the early pregnancy clinic. Only good thing was I didn't have any pain or cramping. Anyway, THANKFULLY, about an hour after I rang he hosp it started easing off. By the time I went to bed it had gone really light again and by this morning just a little bit of brown blood when I wiped. I didn't go the clinic as it had all stopped. I seem fine now, no blood, no cramps or anything. Do you think I should have gone the clinic this morning?

Replies

• Options
    If you can get an early scan i would try and get one. For me personally i would end up getting myself in such a tizz over it that i probably wouldn't do me or baby any good. Lots of people experience bleeding and all is fine. So fingers crossed all is well for you both xxx
  • Options
    Bleeding after sex or foreplay is quite common in early pregnancy but like Red dress says, may be worth going for an early scan just for reassurance.

We havent bd since this one was conceived - poor hubby!