Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any cravings? Food aversions?

Has anybody starting having cravings yet? I'm craving cheese which is really weird for me as I usually don't like it! Totally gone off coffee too which is raising eyebrows at work as I'm a coffee addict!! Other than that I'm just very specific about what I want to eat. How about everyone else? Xx

Replies

• I've gone off coffee and tea too which is odd as I didn't first time! Craving carbs, pasta etc for energy I think but nothing major! Very sure over what I don't want to eat though!
  • My list of aversions grows daily. Tea, coffee, garlic, cheese, spicy food, sweet drinks, ginger tea.

Craving anything that i think i can eat without gagging and cheese scores!!

Really hoping it starts to ease soon. It's turning me into a right cantancarous(?)

old bag!!
  • I had a jacket potato with chilli today and felt sick for ages image
  • Hmmm jacket potato..also not sure about the chilli tho!
  • I'm having 2 cans of really cold diet coke a day (didnt drink it before) and love crisps, didnt eat them before also as too fattening, can only eat what I fancy, totally gone off veggies and salad when I used to have that all the time

Feel a right fat cow, my boobs are massive, bra is too tight already, moody and peed off every day, the joys lol

• Crisps are helping me too Little L! They seem to stop me feeling sick. I thought I maybe needed the salt? I've also rekindled a love for grapes and starburst! They help mid morning cause when I'm sucking on them I'm not gagging!

Weirdly I feel my most nauseous at night, just before bedtime? So much for "morning" sickness!
  • Macca I was exactly the same with my little girl, afternoons and nights were worse although I wasn't actually ever sick, just nauseous.

This time it's lunchtime queasiness but that's eased off the last couple of weeks too.

Before I got pg this time I lost 4 stone on Slimming World, super healthy diet every day and now all I want is crisps!! I can't look at fruit as its doing nothing for me at all when usually im very much a 5 a day girl!!

I wish I was craving veggies image
  • Me too! All I want is stodge and bad stuff and I was so good before!!! I also wondered if it was a salt thing as don't really have salt in my diet usually!!

Chocolate?? I hadn't eaten it since new year and now I cant get enough!! Maybe sugar for energy??