Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Infection :-(

Turns out I have a urine infection image may explain the pains in my side image Anyone else had one in first trimester?

Replies

• sorry to hear that mel, ive been getting a pain in my left side when I walk, sometimes makes me limp a little, wonder if its that

hope it clears up soon for you

• Have you had your urine checked? As that's where mine showed up from midwives tests. Apparently it's quite dangerous in early preg so defo get it checked out if you suspect anything....
  • I had my first midwife booking in app Saturday and the test was fine, seems ok today, maybe just overdone it the past few days

• Sounds like stretching pains maybe then? Phew!
  • Yes must be read that can happen at 8 weeks, roll on 40 weeks, I am having an elected C section image
  • Should say roll on 39 weeks for elected
  • Wow, youre very organised!! I had a big bleed last time so wondered if they'd want me to do that this time but apparently not! Yikes

I remember with Ava I had a permanent stitch in my side for about 3 weeks, god knows what it was but maybe it's the same as you!
  • I mean I had a bleed after birth and wondered if they want me to have a c section... Just read my last message and it didn't make sense!
  • It's not by choice, failed induction last time that lead I emergency c section so midwife said same can happen again so best go for an elected

Every birth is different, I had a bleed last time, 6 weeks after with retained placenta, was in hospital 2 nights in antibiotic drip not nice! Won't to be to that hospital again!
  • Indeed!

I was lucky innthe respect that mine happened almost immediately, again a piece of retained placenta.... Had to be taken to theatre and 2 blood transfusions after losing 2 1/2 litres... The worst was as Ava was in SCBU I didn't get so see her for 12 hours, boo.... Hoping for a smoother rode this time! Under consultant care so will see what they say