Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Worried about light brown discharge

Hi ladies,

I am looking for some advice / reassurance.

I am 7+3 going off my periods. I had an early reassurance scan last Wednesday & saw a heartbeat. We are booked in on 27th for another but this wk end I have had some light brown discharge in my nicks & sometimes when I wipe (sorry if tmi).

I have had 2 previous missed miscarriages. Both times I have started spotting dark brown blood at around 8 weeks, no pain & have found that the baby has died at around 6 1/2 wks.

What I am getting now isn't the same it's more discharge than blood but I'm worried that the same is happening again. I'm going to ring the hospital in the morning to see if they can scan me again.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar & did you find out what it was? xx

Replies

• with my dd i had light brown spotting at 7+4 and then again at about 10 weeks, everything was fine, and said was just a small area of blood in the womb.

I understand how your worried with your past mmc's hun, but try not to worry x

• Sorry to hear you are having these worries.

I have heard or quite a few people that this has happened to with no problem but defo call mw tomorrow and get yourself another scan for peace of mind xx
  • Hi,

Thanks smudgesmith & mel. It seems to have stopped now & I read on the internet that it could be down to uterus stretching. I have been really bloated I looks about 5 months so maybe it's something to do with that.

It is worrying but I am trying to stay positive. Just going to keep an eye on it this week & if I get any more I will go for another scan. Like I said it's not like the spotting I had last time & that seems to happen at 8 wks which isn't til the end of this week so hopefully it was nothing to worry about.

Fingers crossed!! xx

• I have the same thing started today but I started spotting yesterday when I found out that I was pregnant they told me I was 9wks and 3 days and when I went to the er they told me I was only 5wks and they saw a sac but no baby so I'm worried all the way but I go see a obgyn Monday the 3rd so please pray for me, this will be our first and I don't want any bad news