Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone got a bump yet?

I'm 12+6 with number 2 and just feel fat!

Replies

• I feel so fat image I have a kinda bump in the evening but thinking that is probably just gas!!!! I'm 12+6

Can't remember when it popped out last time.....
  • Yes its small and still prob looks more like fat but in evening is def much bigger!  I have a wedding at wkend and just don't know what to wear. Can just fit in my dresses but so tight! Think we should put some bump photos on-though not quite sure how??

• forgot to say im 14 +3 now!

• I have put loads of weight on but I have a definite bump now. I am amazed how early you can see it. Is anyone else in maternity clothes?

• I've put loads of weight on as I really struggle to maintain weight unless I'm really strict with myself which obviously I've not been!

I'm at the really awkward stage of 'is she pregnant or just fat?'

Finding clothes to wear is an absolute nightmare, I can't wait to have a lovely defined bump! Xx
  • I'm not too bad yet.  Definitely more there in the evening though!

I've been pregnant woman watching (trying not to be obvious!) to see what people are wearing.  This is the first time for me so I don't know what to expect.  Hopefully I don't get into bother for staring!

I dressmake as a hobby so I bought my first maternity patter the other week.  It has a top (with different necklines and sleeve lengths - so about ten variations!) and a pair of trousers with two lengths.  I'm hopeful I can work with this to create a working wardrobe that doesn't break the bank and fits me well.  (I'm 5'9" and I'm struggling to find anyone that stocks tall maternity clothes!)

x

• im 13 weeks and 6 days and have a huge bump for 2 months now ive put on no wieght just baby bump which for me is strange as ive got 3 children already and never showed till i was 5/6 months i cant find any clothes that im comfortable in at all apart from boring leggins

• Oh bugger, I'm on holiday in Ireland at the mo and suddenly sprouted the most enormous bump yesterday! Nothing I've packed fits me!!

Off to Galway tomorrow to invest in some maternity clothes

I love this bit image

Xx
  • Where would you say the best place is for maternity clothes? I have had a little look lately but there doesn't seem to be much on offer. Doesn't help that I'm short either, some of the maternity jeans I've tried on have all been too long in the leg and I don't fancy having to alter everything. Normal jeans seem to come in all lengths but maternity ones; either standard or long.... (I need short image )
  • I find Next have the best range, they tend to resell really well on eBay too. I'm only 5"1' but the regular length are perfect for me

• Thanks lulu, I'm 5'3" but got short legs! In some places regular fit, but the rest of the time it's short length! Also depends on whether I plan to wear heels or trainers... & I think over the next few months flats are going to win out!!!!!
  • Newlook are great and cheap! I'm only 5 ft and  just ordered a pair of 28 inch leg jeans and they fit perfect. They do seem better online though when i looked in the shop it was all a bit jumbled and not such a good selection but there is lots online. Next is also good but a bit more expensive xx

• ASOS.com are good for fashion, I'm having a little look on there tonight!! Still just feel fat but need need clothes as nothing fits!
  • Mahoosive bump for me. Hubby just keeps laughing..little bugger!
  • yep bump here too it sprouted a week after my bfp so much Lexies teachers guessed a week later!  new look are good also next and ebay you can get a few good maternity bundles off there image

• I am 16 weeks and 4 days and really tiny.  I mean those who know me and I wear tight top you can see but I am still getting into looser size 10 but I am normally size 8. My mum was tiny with me too and was wearing her swimming custom on the beach at 4 - 5 months with me, well 35 years later and 3 children later my mum is a size 6-8 and has a great body and very toned as my partner likes to point out!  I do have a rounder belly though and like I said if I wear tighter tops yo can see but I Can wasy cover it with baggy tops because the rest of me is skinny but nicely toned. 

I am very similar to my mum in body shape. 

• How do you get the pictures a lot of you guys have on your signature ???????
  • I still had a bit 'leftover' from DD 2 years ago but I think finally at 16 weeks, i'm looking more bumpy than frumpy at last!!
  • My folks just came back from a fortnights holiday and gave me a knowing look. My belly is definitely starting to stick out! Got a few new stretch mark starting. I've been covering myself in palmers cream so I wasn't expecting it! Excited about starting to look pregnant though. When I'm stalking about the baby section I'll not look like I'm buying a gift or deranged anymore! Lol!
  • hi ladies ive had an obvious bump for 2/3 months now and when i say im only 16 weeks people are very surprised and so am i as i dont normally show so early