Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight gain......

How are you all doing with gaining weight? I've put on more than you are meant to, 4lbs in the first 12 weeks. But I'm amazed it's not loads more as I am eating soooooo much!!!

Replies

• i dont know how much iv put on need battries in the scales so have purpaslry not brought them but im in maturnaty clothes as im more comftable in them pluss this is my second baby so im gonna get my wear out of these as this is the last baby.x

• Oh god just re read what I wrote and it looks like i'm saying I've only put on 4 lbs!! I wish image its more like a stone.....

Jay79 I wish I could throw my scales away but I can't resist looking. This is my second too and agree that I want to make the most of my maternity clothes. Defo want to buy some more though....any excuse!

• I've put on 7 pounds so far and I'm 15 weeks today. I think that's at the upper end of what I should be gaining from what I've read. I am eating way more than I normally would, but I just get so hungry inbetween meal times! I am trying to eat sensibly, but also enjoy a bit of the things I love! I'm in mat trousers now cos even the hair elastic trick was getting uncomfortable, but still don't feel my belly looks like a proper round pregnant belly, even though it is quite a bit bigger than normal. This is my first so I haven't got anything to compare with. x
  • I have put on 9lb in 15 weeks but I have been measuring too. My waist has gone from 28 inches to 34 already! I have put a little bit on all over as well though because I am eating loads too. My mum is about a size 8 and she put on almost 5 stone when she had me so if I follow her I will become enormous.

• Hehe I am glad to hear I'm not the only one. I put on 3 1/2 stone with my first. He was a huge 9lbs so that kinda made me feel a bit better!! I was good after and lost most of the weight so I'm not too worried....yet!! Keeping thinking this is my last so last opportunity to eat cake image

Might start measuring again. Always do that when I'm dieting as its more motivating than the scales but haven't so far..........may just pop upstairs now and have a look........before I eat this slice of cake!!!!

• Whoops I'm only 13 weeks and I've gone from 29 inches to 35!!!

Ate the cake first so I wouldn't be put off!!

• Lol choc11! I wish I had started measuring earlier on. It's a good idea. I was in babies r us this afternoon and saw a woman with her 3 month old baby (heard her tell the assistant that) with the flattest, most toned stomach on show in a little crop top. My stomach didn't even look like that before. No chance of my post pregnancy body looking like that me thinks!
  • Don't worry about it! I put on 41/2 stone with my little boy! I went from 8stone to 12 1/2 and 2 stone of that was put ont in the last 8weeks!
  • Before I got pregnant I weighed just short of 13 stone image

12 weeks today and thanks to food aversions I've lost about 5lb..... I know THAT won't last long!! Just hoping I manage to control myself and not put too much on. Slow and steady hopefully. Luckily I've not been sick yet.

Not been measuring myself but that would be interesting !!! image

I'm hoping once I feel a bit better I'll be able to try a bit of swimming and even some pregnancy yoga if I can find a class not too far away.
  • so far at 16 weeks ive only put on 2lb which if you could see the size of the bump is very strange as im huge already

• I've put on about 4-5 lbs so far but am heavier than I was with DD so don't actually want to out on too much. I put on just under 3 stone with her!! Eek!!