Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013

My 16 week gender scan

Hi. I just wanted to share beause I'm excited. We went for our gender scan today. Baby didn't want to co-operate at all to start with- litle bean's legs were kept firmly crossed and tucked underneath. I had to shake, jup, go for a walk, drink something cold image Anyway we got our result and we have found out we are having a little girl. I went straight out shopping. Yay I'm so excited x

Replies

• That is wonderful news. Congrats!!! Ah did you buy lots?

My scan is 28th sept...... ages away. Convinced its a girl though ??!!
  • Thank you and good luck with your scan. Its so exciting. I'm still waiting for the consultant for my 20 week scan so we had a private one today. I've no idea when that will be. 28th will soon come round though, time is going so fast! So you think you're having a girl? We thought ours was a boy but the clinic claim 99% accuracy. She saw 3 little lines and her legs were apart so there was loads of space to see that there was no room for a winky to be hiding image

• Ah reading your post about your scan makes me so excited. Don't want to wish time away but can't wait!!!

I've said it's a girl from the second I took my test. Firstly thought that due to the timing of the deed, haha! But everything has been so different to my little boy. Sickness so much worse........old wives takes more sickness equal a girl. I'd love a boy though so really really don't mind either way. Just excited!!!

Tell us all then, what did you buy??
  • Congrats on your pink bump! Having a little girl is lovely image

We're finding out next week and although i'm thinking another girl, i'm not as convinced as I was with DD!
  • I was astonished that she is a girl because I have had no sickness at all. Not once. Although I have had smell related nausea and keep eating chocolate. image

Choc I only bought a few bits that day . My mum got us 3 outfits and we bought half a dozen girlie sleepsuits, a Johnsons baby box and a nice blanket. We do have quite a little collection of other stuff now though. I so want to go pram shopping but so far have held off.

SparklyFairy you'll have to keep us posted