Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

16 weeks appointment

Just had my 16 week appt and everything is good so far image Midwife said that although they don't normally check for a heartbeat she would try. Was so amazing to hear!! Even though I have a Doppler the last few times I haven't found it. I've been very good at not freaking out but I still had a nag at the back of my mind. Some days I felt like I had made the whole thing up and I wasn't even pregnant!!! I cried my eyes out when I heard it and literally skipped out of the doctors image How are you all doing with the 16 week appt? I bet 20 week scans will be starting to happen in the next few weeks for some of you image Xxx

Replies

• The 16 week appointment is amazing isn't it? I am too scared to buy a doppler in case I can't find it and panic. Are you looking pregnant yet. I keep hearing that I am and I think I may have felt her last night too. Have you got your scan date now?

• I heard the heartbeat yesterday at my 16 week appt yesterday. It was great. My baby wriggled away after a few seconds but I was delighted to hear him/her whilst I could.
  • Ah sounds like everyone has heard baby's heartbeat. It is so special, I love it

Broody_betty - I think I felt mine move last night. Was so lovely image I like that you refer to her as a her......are you thinking it's a girl??

• I love being pregnant!! Hearing the heartbeat is something I never get bored of, it makes me all teary every time!

Love the movements too. It's such a special time image

• Choc, we had a gender scan and we know its a girl image x

• Haha Broody_betty I thought you had a secret way of knowing!!! X