Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What have you bought?

Just wondering what you ladies have bought for the baby so far? We have bought a sleeping bag and two sleepsuits, but nothing big yet. Prob going to start getting some bigger things around 25 weeks. xx

Replies

• Absolutely nothing yet!
  • Nothing!! Think I'm a lot more relaxed this time around x
  • I feel I'm being a bit keen now! It's my first and I'm super excited. I suppose when you have other children though, there's not too much that you need to buy. x

• I've gone to town... Pram's ordered (there was an offer with a free car seat I couldn't resist!), a wardrobe and a chest of drawers!

I'm hoping to get the baby's room sorted by Christmas so I can enjoy myself. Bit worried about shopping in harsh weather and heavily pregnant!
  • You're not being too keen, it's so exciting buying baby things first time around and it is true that us second time mums already have most things anyway!

We've just had my daughters 3rd birthday this weekend, it's hubby's b'day next month and my 30th in November so we're going to make a start after that. Going to find it really difficult buying things without knowing the sex this time! x

• Well i had saved everything from the girls and the big things were in the shed........ then oh decided to burn some rubbish and managed to burn the shed down! so lost everything.
    So far i have bought a wooden swinging crib off ebay £10! a baby swing £30 had a look online and its £100 brand new and a musical baby gym £25 so im pretty pleased with my bargains, still annoyed at oh though for burning everything lol  so all i really need now is a car seat and we will be sorted prob get new baby clothes too once i've had a look through at what we still have luckily the baby clothes are in the loft.

• I have a little collection growing to include the crib, moses basket, cot and pram. We've got a Johnsons toiletries box, some nappies and wipes, some clothes, a Slumber Buddy and a musical Winnie the Pooh. We've got a bouncer, swing, steriliser and bath. I can't remember everything but none of it is here- its all at my mums. We have been bought most of it and haven't done much shopping ourselves yet.

Macca, what pram did you get? I've had the Silver Cross surf but didn't get the free car seat because I wanted a colour that wasn't in the offer. image

• Oh good, I don't feel I'm rushing so much then. Macca I was also going to ask if you got the Silver Cross Surf? I know that Mothercare were doing a free car seat offer with that pram. I've looked at that one and like it, but we are still very undecided!

2Girlywhirlys- what a nuisance! At least you get to shop all over again though!

LuluK- We're not finding out the sex either and I'm finding nursery decor really difficult!

x

• Not bought much clothes wise a couple of blue outfits (as has my mum) but we have so much neutral stuff from DD plus pram, carseat, bouncer, playmat etc that we don't need much more.

I did splurge on nursery furniture for him tho!

We'll need nappies etc so might start buying those soon.
  • Oh my god 2girlywhirlys!!! I would kill DH if he did that!!!
  • lol i nearly did Sparklyfairy image

• all we have to get is a new pushchaire as our son will only just turn 2 as the baby is bourne so looking into the tandome ones and as the baby will be hear 4 days befor jacobs birthday all his baby cloths should fit the baby if its a boy as its the same sesson.x

• I got a Bebecar ip-op. It might have been an offer for that shop. We looked at the Silver Cross prams but the chassis wouldn't fit in the car. (I've got a mini!) I only got the car in March and we wanted to see if we could manage without changing it. My OH has a bigger saloon car and we live in a big town with good public transport. I mainly use my car for getting to work and to be honest because it's there! The lady in the shop was great and took the chassis outside to try it in the boot!

I'm drifting into looking at baby clothes now! It's getting so much more real. I can't wait!!! image x
  • I was really organised last time too but this time, I have a feeling anything I do need to buy might be a bit more last minute!