Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hints & Tips

Anybody had any bargains or tips from previous pregnancies / children that we can share?

My biggest tip for this time around is:

Supermarket own brand nappies are better than branded!! I spent a fortune on finding the perfect nappies for Tilly until I discovered Asda's Little Angels nappies when she was one. I wish I hadn't been such a snob when she was newborn - I could have saved a fortune!

Replies

• Asdas little angels are brill and great value for money will def be using those again or if im brave enough will get the bambino mios out the loft but im always behind with washing so not sure i fancy trying those again lol.

• Start stocking up on all the essentials now - nappies, wipes, sudocrem, muslins etc.

Get some newborn stuff but don't go crazy - my DD was nearly 9lbs and wasn't in newborn for all that long. Wait til they're born and you know the weight!
  • Hi I have one for your labour bag I took in drinking straws my oh thought I was mad but once I'd got my eperdural in I was so tired but was also dehydrated so he had to cut the straw in half( little cups) and get me to drink water when I was half asleep it also gave him some thing to do. X