Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013

When can others feel your baby kicking?

When should my hubby feel the baby kicking? I definitely think the movement is stronger now and more consistent. He says he can just feel my pulse when his hand is on my stomach. I've also heard about using a wine glass for him to hear the heart beat? Had anyone tried it? X

Replies

• It all depends! My sister felt baby kick last week at 24 weeks but this is my second so no strong tummy muscles holding me inimage

Last time it was around 28 weeks before hubs felt if but I was about 3 stone heavier than I am now.

I don't think it's unusual for others not to be feeling it yet but it certainly won't be longimage

Never heard the one about the wine glass though sorry!

Xx
  • Hiya, G/C from DIM. My hubby felt my bump moving this week. I'm 20 weeks. With my first it wasn't until about 24 weeks though. It also depends which position baby is etc whether you can feel it.

xxx

• He's felt it a few times now! Kicks are much stronger and I feel like my entire bump shifts! Happy days. X
  • It's fab isn't it? I can just sit and watch my bump for ages!

My friend is due 3 weeks after me and absolutely hates the feeling, she said its like something off alien haha! I've told her she'll miss that feeling when bubs arrives but she's not convinced image x
  • This is my second and hubbie could feel from before 20wks but she never stops and I mean never!