Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my birth story

well this is my story i was having 2 birth partners my oh andrew and my best friend kath . i was being induced wednesday 13th feb so kath was coming in with me as andrew would join us in the delivery room later so that he had more mat leave with us.

we got to the hospital and on the maturnaty ward the mf cheaked me and said that my cervix was still quite thick and the head was high so she said i was going to have the prostine gel as they didnt really use the pesorys any more which i had with my first labour with my son as she said they were always falling out (mine did twice lol) so i was glad as i could have this gel every 6 hours up to 3 -4 times.

this was given at 11.00 and mf said to go walking andcome back at 2.00 to mack sure the baby was fine with the induction then i would be put on the monter at 4.30 and more gell would be used at 5.00 if needed. so off we went came back at 2.00 and the contractions were showing on the moniter i had no pain justc the nomal bration hiks but didnt feel any difrent kath was so excited but id said to her that this was going to take forever to start as it did with my first labour induction think she thought it was going to just pop out bless her. the mf was quite surprised to see the contrations after i finshed on the monter we went downt to the cafe to meet andy as he had finshed work then was going home to see to our little boy so we just sat around had some dinner and chatted i was starting to get a little uncomftable but took this as the normal we then went back to the ward kath said that i was walking diffrently i did feel there was more preasue down there so got put back on the monter baby was fine 5.00 mf checked me and said that the cervix was very thin and that i was 2-3cm but she said that she wanted to break my waters as they were faverable but i had to go in to delivery she came back and said that they were full and to carry on labouring on the ward and that i couldnt have the waters brocken yet as they were full .

i had startrd to have some twinges but could cope and thought gonna have a long night as i did the first time with my son by 7.00 the contrations were evey 1,2,3 min apart but i couldnt speak kath was like is this normal i just said to kath this is just the start the mf came and said i could have some co-codmal as the contrations would probally ease off and id get some sleep was hoping to as was tired from all the weeks with out sleep.

at 8.00 kath had to to go home as i wasnt in delivery i said to go and get some sleep as i didnt know when id caal her so she went home but she kept on saying are you ok as i was in quite a lot pain as i wasnt having any gaps in the contractions she said im gonna get on the car park and youll phone me i was loke no no its gonna take for ever this is just the start .

well how rong was i kath went and the contractions just got wors then at 8.10 i felt a pop but no water then the next contration and me warter went called the mf and she siad that there was quite a bit of water had a pad on so she said she was putting me on the monter and was gonna call delivery the pain was unbarable i was so shoked at how fast things were going when i came off the monter id gone from 2-3 at 5.00 to 6-7 at 8.30 so that was it phoned kath and andrew to get her off i went to delivery as i was going i said can i have a epidural the mf said i didnt have time then i was scared as i had one with my son im not good with pain and i wanted the drugs to get through this but know it was going fast.

got in to the delivery room at 9.10 kath got ther first i was on the gas and air really welling this stuff as i was so scard then at 9.20 i said get the mfs as i was pushing next thing i knew they were there and i was pussing andrew was not there though and i really thought he was gonna miss it i kept saying to kath

Replies

• Hey don't leave us in suspense! How did the rest of the birth go?

• Sorry I thought it had been put on will put the rest on soon
  • Well by know I was starting to freak out as I was experiencing things I hadn't with my son because of the epidural and there's no Andrew here yet I just wanted him there I was so glad kath was there she was just great holding my hand as I was really pushing by know at 9.35 I think andy walks in and all I said was

I hate you what have you done to me

I didn't mean to say that but I was so relieved he had got there I just grabbed his hands. So I had both of them there ithere side of me but what I forgot to say is that tmi coming I pooed myself OMG I was mortified but the midwives were great and just said stop apologising you haven't done any thing wrong. So what seemed like minutes Harry was born at 10.06 weighing 8lbs 7oz I was so happy as with my other son it was a traumatic birth as he was taken away emadiatly for oxygen but this time Harry was put straight on me fo skin to skin and he was crying we were then left had some tea and toast kath went home and then Andrew went after a while . So when I got put back on the ward as I went past the same midwives that were there when I left I said I'm back they then said your just showing off know lol.

So that's my story we went home Thursday evening and got on with my new family Im just a little sad as I won't be having any more babies . Thanks for reading
  • Sorry I thought it had been put on will put the rest on soon
  • Glad you had a better experience this time and that Andrew made it back in time. Thanks for sharing.