Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 09

Potty Training

Hi All,

Have any of you potty trained yet? If so how did it go?

I am thinking about it as I am due no. 2 in sept and don't know whether to try before the new arrival but I am not sure he is 100% ready yet.

Replies

• Hi courtney is being potty trained shes been doing it on an off for quite a few months now and is doing really well. For the past 8 days shes only had a nappy on at bedtime and only had 2 accidents im so proud of her. You could always try it for a couple of days see how he goes and if he dont seem quite ready wait about a month then give it another go. Good luck image x x
  • Hiya, Al is potty trained now. We thought we would see how it went and he took to it quite quickly. Number twos took a little bit longer to get but within a month he is fully trained and dry overnight as well which is an added bonus! It's worth a try in summer as they can run around outside with no clothes on!
  • I thouhgt rory was ready about 6 months ago, he was showing all the signs. then terrible twos really hit and he just didnt wanna know 7 days ago he turned around and said i need a wee wee i need a wee wee and he has had 1 accident been in 'big boy pants' and hasnt wet through naps at all. Wont be approuching night time just yet.

I did find he tried to hold his poo, but i gave him a small teasppon of lactoluse for 2 days just to keep it loose so he didnt link painfull poo to the potty seems to have worked a treat!

I also have no2 due in august, so im expecting him to regress for a few weeks (aparently it happenslol) but its always worth giving it ago!! Like emmsy4 says just let em be nakey in this heat.

Obv the potty dance is great when they have done it! I love a potty dance haha
  • We haven't trained yet. I've been waiting til he's ready and hoping to give it a try in the summer! Had my second baby five weeks ago so didn't want it to clash with that. I'm sooo busy with bubba i wouldn't have the time and energy right now! So think we're looking at the end of the summer. I think he'll be ready by then.

I'd say try when you think hes ready. Perhaps worth a shot before baby comes! If he's not ready you can wait til after baby arrives. x
  • I potty trained Bethany week or so after she turned 2 but only because she was peeing and pooing on her potty willingly without me promting (i used to just take her nappy off and leave it around the house for her to use every now and then for hour or so. She had been used to a potty since about 18m tho. She was great without knickers which we did for about 4 days then we went onto knickers and eventually trousers too after about 7-8days. She was fab then had a shaky couple wks after being dry for few wks but now shes great although still leaves it til the last minute and often gets a knicker change!

Next bubs due October so im getting her to pull her own trousers down now. She still wears a pullup at naps and nighttime but naps are always dry. I wont bother tackling night til shes dry in the morning. She still loves a beaker of milk at night so i think il have to stop that 1st!!

I say only do it when they are ready. It doesnt matter what age they are - youll know when they are ready and want to do it.