Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

mrs amanda

hi ya, after a horrid night last we decided to do CC after many sleepless nights and discussions.
we put him down at 7 after bottle, said 'night night i love you see you in morning' and left the room, went back in after 5 mins repeated it, never went ove to cot just opend door and step in slightly then left. repeated it after 10, 15 then 20 mins, then 20 again. after a hour he was asleep.

Replies

• mrskc we have been doing this with evie the past 3 nights and it has worked a treat!
    the only way evie would go to sleep was on our bed in our arms, it was turning into a nightmare.
    So on wednesday i put her into her bed, awake.
    Jesus you would of thought i was poking her with a hot iron, she was screaming!!!!! lasted for 20 mins and i gave up.
    Tried on thursday and this time i downloaded some lullaby music and left it in her room, put her in bed kissed her and shut the door. She screamed blue murder for 10 mins then went flat out all night!
    Did the same last night and this time she only cried for 3 minutes and went flat out again!
    She woke in the night tho and hubby bought her intp bed which was a bit rubbish but i carried her back to her bed in the early hours and she settled down ok.
    So fingers crossed for tonight-eek!

xxxxxx
  • yes we went from 5-20 mins intervals each time he wakes. so far so good-so to speak.x
  • last night, well he went to sleep after 6 mins of crying. then woke up at 9, crying think it was because next door had party and cos of heat he had window open. i went in to close window and he went mad,waited 10 went in and said my phrase then left-that annoyed him. he went quiet for 20 mins then cried again, ten mins later went to sleep. woke and grizzled a few times in nnight then went back to sleep by self. hubbie said he had bad pooo this morning, so i dont no if it was heat or what, he seems ok and well though. the only thing i hate about cc is when you go in and then start having doubts about them being ok, you no they are! glad you having a rest hope it goes ok tomorrow,let me no! i am perservering today hope we get there!
  • i bet! today he fell asleep for nap after 5 mins crying. tonight was bit worse. 20 mins crying with a check from me at 10 mins.
  • well i was doing well then i had a row with my mum in law promptly moved out to my mums! so that fecked everything up! im here till we move house thursday!
  • lil man has a cold nad teething like hell so we all over place!