Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due Jan 2010 (MFM)

Hi All - well after months of trying here we are. Fingers crossed legs crossed etc etc. We already have a 2 year old - but already I'm forgetting all the stuff I need to remember to do. It's so infuriating that we have to wait til 8 wks before actually being able to talk to any one professionally about it - and of course you don't want to tell to many people until you reach 12 weeks anyway. Along with all the other hormones raging in my body not being able to celebrate is making me go mad!!!

Can anyone refresh my memory on what we do about getting all the special packs from Pampers Bounty etc? I'm thinking about the pregnancy diary and scan frame???

Anyone else expecting Jan 2010

Replies

• awwww wow thats great news!lucky you!i hope all goes well for u honey!i think you get the pack initially from your midwife with all the diaries and that in...great arent they?!xx
  • Congratulations!imageimage

I got the bounty pack at my 20 week scan, but I know lots of ladies get theirs at their first appointment, so think it can differ depending on where you are..

Saw a lady in boots the other day trying to get the emma's diary you can collect, but they said they weren't doing it anymore and to go to lloyds pharmacy instead as you can get it there.. i didn't get one either time, but i know a lot of people loved theirs!image

I had my second baby in March and tbh they treat second time mummies as though you know everything already!! you don't get many appointments and are just expected to get on with it, which was fine for me, but very different from the first pregnancy!image

We have a two year and seven month gap between our two, so similar to yours - i definitely recommend it, it's great that your toddler will be a bit more independent, and our little boy has been lovely with our baby girl image

• Hi!!! I'm due In Feb 2010, and its my first! I've also new to the area so I don't know anyone, and no=one I know has had a baby in the last 10 years -  so I'm a total newbie with no-one to ask for recent advice!!!!

The freebies sound good! Do I have to claim anything, or does the midwife have it all???

• Hi RosiePosy

Yeah I think now the girls have reminded my rust brain cells you get everything from the midwife. The best advice I recieved when I was expecting for the first time was to join as many classes and groups as possible.

The best group I joined was prenatal yoga - there were about 10 of us in the class and I would say at least 5 of us are still firm friends after 2+yrs! All but one of those 5 is pregnant again - we're just crossing our fingers the 5th person joins us soon!

Also once we'd had the babies our local GP surgeries combined to give us a 'New Mum's Group' Which again was essential for most of us. And after 2 yrs 6 of us meet every wk (infact I'm just off to see them now) and 13 of us still meet up every so often!

So best advice I can give you is to get involved! It will be a real lifeline. And you can always contact me I'd be happy to give you any more advice I can - or just a bit of friendship if you like.

• Thanks! I've just found the Bounty pack website, so I'm a bit more clued up now!

Definitely going to take your advice on getting involved...it'll be a good way to meet new people!

imageimage

• One of our group recently moved to the area and missed the Mum's group but happened to bump into one of our girls at the health visitors and she invited her to join us. She is now very well integrated with the group and we would miss her dreadfully if she went back home. She said to me the other week if it wasn't for having her little boy she'd have found it so hard to make friends in a new area. So I guess if you're gonna do a move - being pregnant might be the best time to do it image
  • I think you're probably right! I actually moved here a year ago, but work a bit of a distance away and work far too many hours to have a life! All changing now though!!! I suppose that everyone is looking to meet and make friends with people in the same boat, so it should be easier to meet people now! Still early days (5 weeks today!!!) , but I'm looking forward to my first meeting with the midwife!

imageimageimage