Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Hello! please can i join you!

Hi Ladies

i will first admit to lurking a little over the last couple of weeks and i hope you wouldnt mind if i joined the group.

i suppose i should introduece myself and my little girl Hannah. Im Liz, im 28 and from newcastle althouh i live in the north west now. Ive been with my hubby matt for 7 yrs and married for 2. Hannah came into our lives after a difficult pregnancy and traumatic birth on 19th Jan this year. she is my world and i adore her and id go through it all again for her in an instant. we breast fed until i went back to work in august which is one of my proudest achievemnets. i kept feeding her morning and night til a few weeks ago when she decided the time was right to stop. i found this so hard but also quite liberating! So now we are gearing up for the festive period and planning her first birthday and i dont quite know where the year has gone! last christmas i had a hugh bump and this time i have a big baby who is almost walking. crazy!

Anyway thats a bit about me. i hope you are all well and as excited for christmas as me !!

Replies

• Hi, nice to 'meet' you. Of course you can join us.

I'm mum to James born on 15th Jan, 5 days late by the scan date, on time by LMP date! I was lucky to have a problem free pregnancy and a quick birth.

James is fab, although seems to pick up every bug going! :roll:

There might be a few less regular posts in her, down to the new BE. But hopefully we'll get to know you better. xx
  • Hello, lovely to have a newbie in the BIJ 'family'.

I'm Vickie, mummy to Eva who was born 6 days late on 26th January (so one of the youngest Jan babies).

I find it so hard to comprehend that my baby has been with me for almost a whole year already, it seems like it was just yesterday that I first held her in my arms. I was very lucky to have a completely trouble free pregnancy but the labour didn't go so well, but my beautiful girl arrived safely (although by an EMC while I was under a general anaesthetic, urgh).

I look forward to 'speaking' with you in the future.

Vickie x
  • Hi Hannah's Mum,

I'm mum to Harrison, born 3 weeks early on 15th Jan.

I can't believe it has nearly been a year already, I can't imagine my life without my little man.

Looking forward to chatting xxx
  • Hi, we have the same birthday, Sasha was born on the 19th too, at 10.15am weighing 9lb 6oz. We planned a home birth but ended up in hospital due to meconium in my waters. I also have an older daughter Jess, who is 6.

Nice to have you with us.
  • hello

i am jacobs mummy born 8 days early meaning he is acctually a december baby but i feel more at home here, time has gone so quick! hope you settle in well the ladies here are lovely x
  • oh thank you ladies for your welcome.

Hannah is constantly snotty too - i blame nursery! but shes relatively cheerful with it thankfully.

look forward to chatting with you all too image
  • Hi hun,

Nice of you to join us image we always welcome new people.

I'm also from newcastle image my little munchkin was born on 7th Jan, 6 days late by hospital scan 20 days late by actual dates! (well unless she was an immaulate conception that is! lol)

lovely to meet you and hope to speak more soon.