Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Not sure if I should be worried

Eva seems constantly tired lately, although she still sleeps a good 12 hours every night she is sleeping a lot during the day too unless we're out and about then she won't sleep at all (she's so nosey and doesn't want to miss out on anything). Her eyes are constantly red, but that could be where she's rubbing them with tiredness and she's just got over yet another cold. She still eats well, and is drinking lots of water and milk.

I know whe's learning lots of new skills at the moment and that could just be wearing her out, so it's probably just a phase but she just doesn't seem well to me.

Any ideas?

Replies

• Quick reply as about to go out, but could she be having a growth spurt? I've lost track of when they're meant to happen now, but a possibility, especially if she's eating more? She may also be run down from a cold, Pops is full of it at the moment, an this combined with a few late nights over te festive period has meant she seems constantly tired

lately too...xx
  • Emilia is constantly tired and becase she is napping more than normal she is waking early in the morning, which of course makes her more tired!!! I am stuggling to get her to take all her milk at bedtime because all she wants to do is sleep

I think you are right about them learning so much at the moment, plus all the Christmas pre birthday excitement! Aswell if she has been poorly then that can take it out of them. If she is drinking and eating well then I am sure she is fine. If youare really worried could you give your HV a buzz and see what she says???

I am hoping for a boring January so we can get back on track!

Joanna x