Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Anyone else feeling tearful?

I hope it is not just me...

I feel so tearful at the prospect of Emilia turning one on Saturday. I was buying wrapping paper in W H Smiths today and burst into tears! I feel so sad that she is growing up to be a little girl and not going to be my baby anymore. I feel like I want to stop the day from coming and keep her 11 months for a little bit longer. I feel awful for thinking that...

I really want to enjoy the day and feel like I am going to spoil it by being a jibbering wreck!

Is anyone else feeling a bit shaky and how did you mums who have already celebrated handle all the emotion of the day?

xx

Replies

• you are not alone. I have refused to have a party for Abigail. I want to spend the day with her and remember the last year. I think it's because I'm trying to cling onto the last bit of baby. x
  • Oh yes totally...jibbering wreck, to the point where I had also considered not having a party or anything, but have decided to go ahead with it, really for my Mum's benefit (she was in hosp over Christmas so missed Sara's first Christmas) but it will be low-key and relaxed so I can enjoy it too.

Its unbelievable to think that a year ago now I was feeling the size of a house and was drinking gaviscon through a straw! image
  • I think it's completely normal too. I'm not sure how I feel about Cam turning one. On the one hand i'm immensely proud of how he has developed and what he has learned in the last year and I love the lovely little boy with a cheeky personality that he's becoming. On the otherhand I wish I could rewind time and enjoy him being a baby again and it makes me sad that he's virtually a toddler now.

I've been sorting out the clothes in his nursery today as there was so many that didn't fit him and that was quite emotional - but in a happy way I think. I found the baby grow that was the one we put on him at the hospital and I can't believe it was nearly a year ago and how tiny it was!

xxxx
  • Try having a 5 year old and looking at her growing- it breaks my heart!

I often wish i could stop time and keep them little for longer, enjoy the first of the year again especially as these are my last "babies". Then i remember all the other things i get too look forward to and experiance now they are getting bigger...

The first "i love you"- awww joanne its amazing hearing the words no partner/husband etc can make your heart want to burst like that.

The first time they go to school, university, get married have your grandchild so many amazing things we'd miss if we kept them little.

Cry happy tears your little one is growing beautifully because of u.

xxxxx
  • OneNdouble, that is lovely what you put. Really made me think about what exciting things I have to look forward to.