Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What size feet?

James isn't walking yet, but we had his feet measured today because the 6-12 months pre-walkers we have, are getting a tad small.

We like James to wear shoes when we go out. So will probably buy a pair of shoes to tide him over until he's walking. (Unless he is going to be really slow at picking that up!)

So James is 2.5G, what size feet does your lo have? Oh and what do/did their first shoes look like? image xx

Replies

• Options
    3.5G for Sasha. She is in cruisers at the moment, but has started taking a few faltering steps in the last few days so will be in walkers quite soon I think.
  • Options
    when we first got cruisers in oct he was a 3F, last week he was a 4 and a half G! we did go in for walkers but they advised cruiser until they are steady on their feet, LO can take a few steps now but she said it better for learning to have cruisers on, our first pair were brown with a buckle and a dinasoar, his new ones are blue and have 2 velcro straps x
  • Options
    Saw some cute dinosaur ones. The body was on the shoe, and the head on the strap, so they velcroed together! xx
  • Options
    I do like the girl shoes, but no I wouldn't subject my poor boy to that! :lol: OH was impressed to see a miniature pair of Nikes! :lol: xx
  • Options
    We are also a 3.5 G and she has these cruisers at the moment!

http://i.ebayimg.com/20/!B9iR,VwBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjwEzkQNZjdPBM6GK8w)iQ~~0_3.JPG

• Options
    layla is walking and has been walking for 4wks now so were going 2 go and get her some boot's 2mor.she was a 4h 5/6wks ago not 2 sure what she is now.

sarah,samuel and layla x
  • Options
    Emilia is in a 2.5F although she is walking they don't start walkers till size 3 so she is in cruisers.

Hers a dark pink and so far she seems to like them and they are fine with her walking.

I felt the weight of the walkers and they are quite heavy for litle legs like Emilia's.

The people in Clarks are really helpful, so even if you just go in for some advice I am sure they would tell you what was best xxx

Liz - I love Emilie's Shoes!!! They are gorgeous! xx
  • Options
    arthur has massive feet to go along with the rest of him. Ha. We have never been able to find bootys big enough for him so in november i took him to clarks to get his feet measured. He was a 5.5 h then so god knows how big they are now. Clarks told us that we would never get pre walkers and first shoes that big so for now when we go out he has to wear thick socks. A friend bought him a pair of slippers the other day they were a size 6 and wouldn't go anywhere near him. Xx
  • Options
    Lovely shoes.

Looks like James has diddy feet out of the boys! :lol: xx
  • Options
    I haven't had Abigail's feet measured, even though she has been walking for 2 weeks. Was told their was no need for shoes until she was walking outside. she is quite happy to walk around in socks or bare feet. Planning on getting her some shoes around March, as we go on holiday in April so want her used to shoes then.

Kelly x
  • Options
    lizzie was a size 2 when she was crusing and she started off with a size 2 pair of pink cruisers from clarks. she is now almost running everywhere and is a size 3f- due to her having small feet we only had 3 pairs of shoes to chose from but was told she needed proper shoes to protect her feet as she was walking properly and steady on her feet so she now has purple paintern shows with flashy lights from clarks in a 3f! image
  • Options
    We're taking L to be measured again tomorrow.

We took her a few months back (simply to get her used to having her feet messed about with by a strange person!!) and she wasn't even on the scale :lol:

I think she's still going to be too small for any sort of shoes and most defintiely too small for proper walking shoes! But that doesn't really matter too much because she isn't walking unaided yet. However, she does want to walk with help EVERYWHERE whether it's at home or out and about so I want to get her something for out the house so I can let her 'walk' without worrying what she might be treading in! So she may end up with some cruisers and no doubt she'll be walking way before she fits any walking shoes! Just hope she'll fit into SOMETHING tomorrow image
  • Options
    We got measured today at Clarks and Poppy is 3.5F and Jack is a 3.5G!

Was really shocked at Pop's as she's so tiny tiny still but guess she has big feet like mummy did!

We decided to go for crusiser in the end as although both are walking unaided everywhere and well, they've never worn shoes and didn't want the 1st one to be too heavy/clompy!

Poppys are Pink and Jack's are a distessed blue colour- very cute!

Must admit thou i was a little shocked at the price. Even with my TAMBA discount it was ??40, i know i have 2 but they've gone up quite a bit since DD1 first had some!

xxxx
  • Options
    Haven't logged on in ages. The last time I got Harry measured was beginning of November and he was a 4 1/2 H then, not sure what he is now though. Need to get him remeasured. We got him the only pair of cruisers they had in stock in his size (very wide feet!) which were blue and brown with two Velcro straps. His uncle bought him a couple of pairs of trainers when he was about two months old in a size 5, I'm pretty certain he'll have grown out of them before he's ready for proper walking shoes which is a shame x
  • Options
    I'm starting to wonder if his feet have been measured properly. We'll probably go to Clarkes before we buy any shoes. xx
  • Options
    Jasmine was 2.5F last time we went! she currently has the winter cruiser boots with the fur from clarks. they are beautiful and ill be very sad when they dnt fit anymore image she wears them most days and is not walking yet. xx
  • Options
    Had Sara's feet measured today, as the last time we went she was too small for anything in stock!!! So today...still no shoes!!! She was measured a 2.5F, however she tried them on there was hardly any growing room and the 3's were massive. So we're going to have to wait a little longer. She's been wearing little Next shoes that are fab - suede soles with little rubber bits, so I'm not in a rush - the guy in clarks even checked them to see if they were ok for size as he couldn't sell me any of his!

Exciting times!!!

• Options
    Ooh emilie has the furry cruiser boots, got them in the sale they're so cute!
  • Options
    Bless Mia!

They didn't have any 2.5G in our Clarks, so they had to order some in. Have to wait! They wanted to re-measure as well. Shame we had gone in without James! :roll: xx
  • Options
    We got Flynn's first shoes on Thursday, they're the 'SportyMorty' ones from Clarks, and they're a 3F