Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Rant alert - useless OH

Argh, my oh is driving me nuts at the moment! He quit his job just before Christmas (after just 6 weeks) because his boss was a complete b@stard and a bully. Fair enough, but he has yet to find another job and just sits on his bum all day long and does sod all to help out round the house. I work 3/4 days a week and still have to sort out dinner and all the cleaning, washing, bottles etc every day.

Even worse is that he doesn't bother helping to look after Eva, he won't feed her or play with her. He will only get up with her in the morning if I specifically ask him to the night before and even then I have to wake him up to tell him that Eva is awake and to get up. He even had a strop the other day when I asked him to turn off his bloody XBox to put on some Fireman Sam when Eva was a bit upset (she loves FS) and he refused to pick her up and give her a cuddle.

Yesterday I asked him to go the bank for me to pay in a cheque and to go to the job centre too to see if he is eligible for JSA, but did he go? Did he heck! We've got no money, can't pay our rent or any bills and I'm getting debt collector letters in the post because I can't pay anything and my lazy bum of a husband can't be arsed to help me and take on some of the responsibility.

Anyway, rant over. Sorry, but I don't have anyone in 'real life' to say this all to. Feel free to ignore.

Replies

• aw i really feel for you. be straight with him- tell him he has to do something! and on the days you are working you expect as a minimum to come home to dinner and a tidy house!

me and hubby work full time but our rule is- whoever is home first,makes bottles and pouts some dinner on and feeds the kids! i do the washing ect on my day off but thats coz i like it done my way,lol x

hope your hubby has a new job soon x
  • Rant away!!! It does the world of good to get it off you chest.

My OH was a bit like this re Emilia until I refused to get up one morning and he had too! He like your OH (I think), he is a chef and works during the day and evening so needs to get up so he can spend time with Emilia. Thankfully now they have their own morning thing going. I think you need to tell him straight how you are feeling and that he needs to pull his weight. At least help you now he is at home and you are working. Like looby said at least start dinner!!

I really don't mean to be harsh but I think he needs frog marching down the job centre ASAP! Does he know that the letters are arriving?

I remember your previous posts, and I am not sure if there is any family? If there is could they help you to explain to him how lucky he is to have a beautiful wife and daughter who are sticking by him even though life is tough.

You are not superwoman but it sounds like he is expecting you to be!

Please know that we are hear to listen and no we will not ignore!! xxxxx image